Jefklak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I was yust wondering... Someone mailed the G6 team and they "considered" a 1GByte version but it would take them 3 months or so. That does not mean it'll actually be in production. Does someone have any answers? It would be nice, since I would love to get a G6 but I think 512 MByte is a little bit too less when you put GBA _and_ DS games on the same cart. I right now own a EZ-Flash II 512Mb and that's more than enough but with also DS games and homebrew.... I don't know.

For most of you currently G6L owners: Is 4gbit enough right now?
How many games do you have on your flashcard right NOW?

Thanks
smile.gif

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have my G6L yet but I have a Supercard Mini SD with 2gb Card and only 504mb is used for games and saves and that's 17 Games!

Not all small games either, I have metroid prime, mario kart, resident evil, need for speed and fifa and more

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have already answered this but on my G6 Lite I have:
Super Monkey ball (512)
Super Princess Peach (256)
Tetris (128)
Trauma Center (128)
Worms (128)
Puzzle Bobble (64)
Advance Wars (256)
Break Em All (64)
Puzzle Bobble (256)
Lost Magic (128)
Meteos (512)
Metroid (512)
Mr Driller (128)
Nanostray (128_
New Super Mario Bros (256)
Pac N Roll (256)
Zoo Keeper (64)

All those games and some homebrew are all on my G6 lite right now

Seems like more than enough games for me. 3 512 games on my list quite a few 256's. I was happy with my 2G original G6's size so I think the 4G is plenty....so much room I just feel I need to always fill the cart which is why games like zoo keeper are on my list.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol.. 4 Gbit is MORE than enough.. I'm just using 2 Gbit and I already have too much games to play
tongue.gif
. Anymore than 4 Gbit is just a waste of space imho.. Does it really matter all that much to you to have half your DS (U/E) collection with you?

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Lol.. 4 Gbit is MORE than enough.. I'm just using 2 Gbit and I already have too much games to play
tongue.gif
. Anymore than 4 Gbit is just a waste of space imho.. Does it really matter all that much to you to have half your DS (U/E) collection with you?

It does. When you want to go out without knowing what you'll want to play (or have no time to flash it or to choose), when you move for holidays, or when you just don't want to change your ROMs every times you start to play, it does matter to have enough space to stock (games at least)
happy.gif

That's why i'd prefer a M3Lite instead of G6, unless they release a G6 with at least 8Gb (2Gb is only 2 games if you have Bleach and RE, 8Gb is about 15 average DS games (2 or 3 128MB ones included), 15 GBA games and enough space for some homebrews and MP3)

Not vital, but hell good when you have 1GB, 512MB should just be the minimum
ohmy.gif

compi_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For only games 4Gbit will be enough, but if you want to put movies and music on it too, you'll be screwed. A movie is like 300MB.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't game during my holidays (rarely) and I'm not too lazy to switch games. G6 is 4 Gbit. I got 2 Gbit (256MB) on my EZ-Flash 4 and I still only play 1/2 games at the same time. Playing more is boring.. And MP3s on DSL? That sucks -.- . A good MP3 player isn't that expensive. Also, 15 DS games, 15 GBA games and a good couple of homebrew.. I suppose you don't sleep?

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't game during my holidays (rarely) and I'm not too lazy to switch games. G6 is 4 Gbit. I got 2 Gbit (256MB) on my EZ-Flash 4 and I still only play 1/2 games at the same time. Playing more is boring.. And MP3s on DSL? That sucks -.- . A good MP3 player isn't that expensive. Also, 15 DS games, 15 GBA games and a good couple of homebrew.. I suppose you don't sleep?

I'm not a G6 owner, but felt I should respond to all the posts that say 4gb is enough.. I have 2 M3's, the first is a regular M3SD, the second is an M3 Mini. With the full size M3 I have a 4GB SD card which I had my DS and GBA games, and all the homebrew I could possibly need. That worked out to just over 2GB in size. Beyond that I had a few shows, some movies converted (which are actually around 200MB if you convert them correctly) and found I was short space to have my MP3's on there (btw, the point of all this is to have a SINGLE mobile all in one type unit - the PSP does this and that's why it has so many fanboys - also if you use Moonshell 1.31 beta 3 (later versions, for some odd reason, tend to have a few problems with the sound) and a good set of headphones, you won't really find too much of a difference between it and even the most expensive MP3 players out there, the sound quality is very good).

So at that point I was struggling to make sure I had the space I needed. I kept hoping for an 8GB sd card to come out, but they're still not out. Then the M3 mini came out... ouch... I decided, then, to get one (it stuck out less than the new M3 Slim did, and had the added option of removing the card without removing the M3 - which is something I had to do from time to time on the old M3 SD because of the lack of space), and found that only 2GB MiniSDs are available - which I also have. It was difficult to drop the number of things I could have on my M3 to fit it onto a 2GB card. I don't even have movies on it anymore (I realized, that, while I like the all in one unit idea - my fiancee has a DVD player and we're ALWAYS together when I could possibly be watching anything anyway), but now I have a bit of space for my MP3s, which I'm enjoying.

I'm vaguely considering getting a couple more 2GB MiniSD's but I'm also watching the MicroSD market, as there are a couple of 2GB MicroSDs out right now, and if Mini doesn't catch up and get a 4GB unit out soon, I'll probably end up getting an M3 Lite (uses MicroSD - if the M3Lite ever comes out) and start using that - might even give me a reason to get a DSLite. As for MicroSD, what I'm really waiting on is just making sure that a good, compatible with M3 company gets to making a 2GB unit like AData (all my SD cards are AData).

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France

Yeah, i admit, MP3 were just for test with DSorganize.

But why being so sarcastic ? You may have 1/2 to game at the same time, and still want to have a bunch of games like tetris, mario, sport games or anything. That's not a matter of laziness, but of not having to change the games whenever you would like to play one just a little.
I remember to much the 16MB of my F2A, next generation offer way more space, there's no point in not using it, flashing your games, then don't touch it until a new great game of major update
You only play 1/2 games, go buy them
mellow.gif

EDIT : agree with you takieda, though 4/8 GB is a little too much (at least, to expensive.) 1/2GB is an excellent compromise IMO
smile.gif

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT : agree with you takieda, though 4/8 GB is a little too much (at least, to expensive.) 1/2GB is an excellent compromise IMO
smile.gif

Well, I give up certain amenities to be able to get the biggest, so to speak (things like decent food, movie rentals, etc - I don't care for compromise in that way). Back when 2GB hard drives JUST came on the market, I bought one, and filled it about 2 months later. When the 40's just came on the scene, got one and filled it pretty soon after. Then got a 120 when it first came on the scene, then a 300, etc... aside from the 2GB, I still have all these drives and most of them are completely full. I even just got another 200GB to set up a file server for me when I'm on the road. I live by the philosophy that there is never too much space.

what do you do when you convert movies and episodes? what tools, what settings, how, etc.

I personally use BatchDPG, but I've used DPGTools for it as well, and Moonshell to play the files. As far as the settings are concerned... don't know off the top of my head without doing another conversion.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
So we can draw a conclusion I suppose?
G6 Lite, enough for:

-gaming? Yes, provided you don't want 30+ DS games on it.
-movies, manga, anime, tv shows, mp3's and other media? Nope, not enough space, get a (Mini/Macro)SD-card based flashcart instead.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that again, it all depends what you want to put on it. I have the M3 with a 4 gig SD card and i thought when i bought it that it would be more space than i ever need but i find myself juggling things on the card to make room for other things even now. I have about 40 DS games on there and probably about 70 odd GBA games as well as a few hundred MP3's to boot, loads of photos etc.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
you're totally right Bitbyte

manga is still okay
smile.gif
You can visualize pictures decently (jpeg, png, gif...) with Moonshell or DSOrganize, and a friend of mine just got the idea to bring with him some scans before leaving for holidays
but for videos, you would just be able to have a very few animes/tvshow episodes, and 0 movies :/

G6 is good if you just want the memory it has, if you want more and unlimited space, that's M3

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that Im waiting for a bigger version of the G6 lite package.

Im more interested in running homebrew and some NDS games and I need some space for music and files made by the NDS progs. Plus some games too.
Im hopeing to se atleast an 8Gbit cart, but I really want a 16Gbit cart if they ever go that far.
SD cards and things are something I dont wanna mess with. It would cost me too much in the end jsut to put data on those things. Id rather have one thing one go.

Anyway, I really want an 8Gbit G6. I dont care about GBA games too much since Im very happy with my EZFA cart.

Maybe we should start a small petition?
Since the makers behind the G6 are a kinda small company, maybe a web petition might actualy have an effect.
Show them that there are indeed consumers wanting bigger memory on those things.
SD cards take out more power too from what I understand, so a bigger G6 is defintly on my list :3

Though to stay on topic a little, If your just playing games and not interested in going crazy with homebrew and the like. Then 512 megs is all ya really need anyway. Since its not really that big of a deal to reflash everything for another game if it takes up all the space. Wich should be rare right now anyway.
But hey, more memory is always better :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person