Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
6t24he.png

KYT Info said:
Know Your Temps Info

For those of you that are new to the game, here are the rules:

- One user will be put on the questioning stand every two days (or so)

- Once that user's session of questioning starts, anybody can ask that user a reasonable amount of questions they want via posting on the thread

- These questions can be about anything. Personal life, GBAtemp/internet life, pet peeves, musical tastes, "what if" situations... ANYTHING!

- Please try to post all your questions at once, in one solid post

- Upon receiving questions, the user that is in the spotlight can answer them at anytime, as long as it's before their time is up

This quirky little activity will help us get to know our fellow 'tempers even better in an exciting, chaotic manner! Those who have an upcoming KYT session will be notified about their upcoming session via PM.

In the spotlight this session is : Vulpes Abnocto

D

Deleted User

Oh look a fox! Here's some questions.

What made you come to GBATemp? (You're not welcome around these parts, btw)

Why did you choose to stay in the forum instead just of getting what you wanted and leaving it, like some cheap slut you found on your way home?

Do you have a favorite album? If so, what is it? If no, pick one already you nancy!

Ok, no more mild verbal abuse.

If you were to move outta that shit hole, where would you like to go?

When's the last time you kicked some ass?

Do you believe eating candy is childish? What's your favorite treat? (Hold on! Don't say beer)

What kinda grades did you get in school?

I thank you for your finger pressings in advance.​

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
What happened to cat orc's tail?
Do you liek cats?
If so, what do you like them for?
Liekz or likes?
Mudkipz or mudskippers?
Spiky Punk hair or Plutonij Punk Mohwak?
Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath or Rolling Stones?
What do you like about GBAtemp?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Was Mr. Vulpes streching out (exited) for this KYT session for the last 2 days, or just did like "whateva"..??
Did Mr. Vulpes is associated with some kind of religious, political, satanical, or any other kind of agroupation (besides GBATemp)...??
Does Mr. Vulpes believes in God or Alá (

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Do you have dialup?

In fact, no, that's simply a viscious myth.
I DO NOT have dialup internet.

One of my neighbors does.

I have their password

iPikachu said:
where did you get your avatar?
Where did I get it, or where did it come from?

I think I got it from Brian117.
It comes from an upcoming movie, The Fantastic Mr. Fox

QUOTE(Rock Raiyu @ Oct 19 2009, 12:13 AM)
Why are you so obsessed with foxes?

*shrug* Why are you so obsessed with rocks?

Some people dig pokemon.
Some people dig norse mythology.
Some people dig iguanas. (But of course, those people are assholes.)

I dig foxes. Couldn't really tell ya "why".

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
What's your fondest moment on the temp?
What's your favourite gaming memory?
Favourite piece of art?
Are there a few stories you would recommend to anyone to change the way they think?
Last great film you've seen since Children of Men?
Favourite live band?
Biggest animal you've ever hunted?
Worst moment in American history that didn't involve GW?
Best moment in American history that doesn't involve the revolution itself or Obama?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flameiguana said:
Oh look a fox! Here's some questions.

Oh fucking boy.
dry.gif

QUOTE said:
What made you come to GBATemp? (You're not welcome around these parts, btw)

I came to GBAtemp to figure out how to play games on the Max Media Dock.
(If you've a problem with my presence, come and kick me out. *malign little smile*)

QUOTE said:
Why did you choose to stay in the forum instead just of getting what you wanted and leaving it, like some cheap slut you found on your way home?
HEY! I pay those sluts quite well, thank you very much!

...oh......
*ahem*
anyway

I kept seeing many of the same peole posting, and started liking the sorts of people here.
The group as a whole is friendly, helpful, and intelligent. (with a few reptillian exceptions)
I have a lot of respect for a number of people here; Even admiration for some of them.
Mix that with the wealth of knowledge the forum provides, and the up-to-the-minute news that comes in from many sources, and you get one of the best forums in the world.
Why would I leave?

QUOTE said:
Do you have a favorite album? If so, what is it? If no, pick one already you nancy!
mellow.gif
Yanno, it'd be a shame to get your pretty face messed up before you can even grow a proper moustache.

A favorite album? Most times these days you can't find n album that is truly full of good music. There are a couple good ones mixed in with a lot of filler crap.
The last whole album I liked was probably Alice in Chains - Dirt

Before that, most likely Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (C'mon, I fucking dare you to say something about it.)

(to be continued)

Posts merged

QUOTE said:
Ok, no more mild verbal abuse.
Well don't let fear or common sense stop you.

QUOTE said:
If you were to move outta that shit hole, where would you like to go?
What shit hole? My shack in the swamp may not be much, but it beats the hell out of city life.

But if I were to have my choice of a new home...it'd quite likely be in rural Australia. (New South Wales)

When's the last time you kicked some ass?

It's been quite a while. Most people won't give me enough of a reason to do so.

Do you believe eating candy is childish? What's your favorite treat? (Hold on! Don't say beer)

No, eating candy isn't childish. (well, unless it's a ring pop, or something)
Beer doesn't qualify as a treat: It's liquid bread, it's a necessity.
My favorite treat is probably chocolate covered cashews.
(but in that mix, the cashews are the best part
happy.gif
)

What kinda grades did you get in school?
That depends on if I was interested in the subject. In the ones that I gave a fuck about, my grades excelled. (science, language, vocational studies) In the classes where I got bored, I didn't do well. (Math, history)
It wasn't that I couldn't do the work; I simply abhor boredom.

And on a sidenote,
I hated you when you first joined the 'temp.

I think you've become fairly tolerable, these days.
glare.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Do you adore me?
Would you rather eat a cockroach or cricket?
Your definition of love?

huh.gif
Not particularly, because you seem to hate me, and it's a little bit of a turn off.
...probably a cricket. Cockroaches are pretty disgusting.
Love? At the core of love is understanding. Outside that is compassion, and care. If you have those three things for a person, chances are pretty good that you love them. (as I see it)

Vidboy10 said:
Why so well know?
Well man, I used to post quite a lot, but then the forum experienced an influx of people whose opinions I really couldn't give half a damn about.
Those people I rarely ever talk to.

Pleased to meet 'cha, by the way.

Domination said:
What happened to cat orc's tail?
Do you liek cats?
If so, what do you like them for?
Liekz or likes?
Mudkipz or mudskippers?
Spiky Punk hair or Plutonij Punk Mohwak?
Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath or Rolling Stones?
What do you like about GBAtemp?

I ate it. Sorry Hadro....
Of course, they're delicious!
Grilling. (although an occasional shishkebab is nice, too)
"Like." I'm rather fond of English and the ways you kids rape it these days is simply appalling. I blame the lolcats.
Mudskippers. They put me in mind of Ren & Stimpy
...Who cares? When it's Toni, you can't go wrong. He's pretty damn awesome no matter what he does.
That's a bit of a toss up between the Stones and Zepplin. I love them both. Ozzy's stuff just doesn't speak to me.
My favorite part of GBAtemp is the long-term members; the ones who obviously love the site, and are willing to work toward bettering it. Without people like TrolleyDave, mthrnite, p1ngpong, Narin, Toni Plutonij, lilsypha, Another World, Costello, tinymonkeyt, xcalibear, Densetsu3000, Dice, and many others, this place wouldn't be half of what it is today.

QUOTE(ether2802 @ Oct 19 2009, 01:04 AM)
Was Mr. Vulpes streching out (exited) for this KYT session for the last 2 days, or just did like "whateva"..??
Did Mr. Vulpes is associated with some kind of religious, political, satanical, or any other kind of agroupation (besides GBATemp)...??
Does Mr. Vulpes believes in God or Alá (

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What were your most favorable moments on the 'Temp?

Have you seen me before?
blink.gif

Some of your favorite games of all time?

What do you like to do in your free time?

Have you been enjoying your stay here?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
What's your fondest moment on the temp?
What's your favourite gaming memory?
Favourite piece of art?
Are there a few stories you would recommend to anyone to change the way they think what?
Last great film you've seen since Children of Men?
Favourite live band?
Biggest animal you've ever hunted?
Worst moment in American history that didn't involve GW?

Fondest moment? Hmm.....I think that'd be one particular night when a spammer was hitting GBAtemp fairly hard, but within 30 seconds of his opening a new topic, Toni would banhammer it closed.
happy.gif
I laughed my ass off.

*grins as he considers his gaming memories* The fondest would quite likely be dating a lady who had two children; a boy of 7 and a girl of 5. The boy I had introduced to Spyro the dragon, and he was playing Ripto's Rage, chasing one of the egg thieves. He got quite frustrated and threw down the controller in a fit. I noticed he had somehow trapped the egg thief in a corner, in his rage, and I quickly handed the controller to his little sister, telling her to hit the * button. She touched it and caught the thief. It totally made my day.

I'm rather biased about my favorite piece of art. You see, I own it. It is this:
OchreMeanderings.jpg

Ochre Meanderings

This is a tryptich piece made by a lady whom I've been fortunate enough to call a friend for the past 13 years. If I ever move, the new place is not a home until I hang this painting. If my home were to catch fire, I'd make very sure that this piece was saved. I wouldn't sell it for a billion dollars.

Well, you seem quite apt in making people open their eyes and face the world around them. However, some of my favorite pieces to recommend are George Orwell's "1984" and "Animal Farm", Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series, Cory Doctorow's "Little Brother", Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series, and the first four books of Steven King's "Dark Tower" series. All of these helped form the person I grew to become.

I know you'd like for me to have a movie in mind that was more than sheer entertainment, but right now I'm really loving the 2009 Star Trek movie. It ties up so many loose ends so succinctly. The actors impressed me quite a lot.

I don't see many live bands, but from what I've seen, the band I enjoyed the most was No Doubt.
(but I must give respect where it is due; Toni Plutonij's online videos are damn impressive. His energy is simply infectious. )

For a while I thought I might be a decent deer hunter. I knew my shotgun quite well, and I could stand the frozen mornings, but the day my uncle urged me to illegally shoot a doe, ("We'll just cut it's head off! Nobody will ever know the difference!")I decided that this wasn't a pastime intended for me. I'll hunt if it's necessary to rid the farm of a nuisance, but for the most part I'd rather live and let live.

The worst moment in US history without Gee-Dub? But he was involved in so many horrible ones!...(The acceptance of the PATRIOT Act, in particular)
I think the most shameful time in our history would be Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The suffering my people forced on so many people was simply atrocious.

QUOTEBest moment in American history that doesn't involve the revolution itself or Obama?
That's a loaded question, my friend.
I'm going to say this, and it will be misread, if you don't follow my train of thought to it's teminal station.
The best day to be an American was September 11th, 2001.
It doesn't matter what you think happened that day.
It doesn't matter who you think caused it.
What matters is how my civilian breatheren went into action within a moments notice, in futile rescue efforts and fervent prayer vigils. We're not an extraordinary race, by any stretch of the imagination, but among our ranks ther are some very extraordinary people, and when we're called on to band together, we can do incredible things.

I suppose this isn't so much a great moment in US history as a great moment in Human history.
It just happened to occur here.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
1) What games are you hyped for right now?
2) What console are you playing the most now?
3) Favorite music genre?
4) Eggs: What do you think of them?
5) If you had a choice, what age would you like to be right now?
6) Favorite musical instrument?
7) What is your dream console?
8) Your dream hairstyle?
9) Your dream game?
10) What are your opinions on companies who produce shitloads of shovelware?

That's all for now.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm rather biased about my favorite piece of art. You see, I own it. It is this:
Ochre Meanderings

This is a tryptich piece made by a lady whom I've been fortunate enough to call a friend for the past 13 years. If I ever move, the new place is not a home until I hang this painting. If my home were to catch fire, I'd make very sure that this piece was saved. I wouldn't sell it for a billion dollars.

That's a beautful piece of art! Very chaotic and very peaceful at the same time but so simply done. I really like how it uses dark colours but the movement makes it seem really vibrant. Does she have a website with her other works? I'd really like to see them.

QUOTE said:
Well, you seem quite apt in making people open their eyes and face the world around them. However, some of my favorite pieces to recommend are George Orwell's "1984" and "Animal
Farm", Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series, Cory Doctorow's "Little Brother", Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series, and the first four books of Steven King's "Dark Tower" series. All of these helped form the person I grew to become.

Just finished re-reading Animal Farm, one of the books that changed my outlook as a kid on the way society should be run. I love 1984, but Animal Farm seems more powerful to me just because of the simplicity of the writing and the cartoonish nature of the story itself. Who is your favourite character in Animal Farm? Loved the Dark Tower series as well, such a wide range of characters and such a dark tale.

I'm going to hunt down some of the other books. Which one would you recommend most highly?

QUOTE said:
For a while I thought I might be a decent deer hunter. I knew my shotgun quite well, and I could stand the frozen mornings, but the day my uncle urged me to illegally shoot a doe, ("We'll just cut it's head off! Nobody will ever know the difference!")I decided that this wasn't a pastime intended for me. I'll hunt if it's necessary to rid the farm of a nuisance, but for the most part I'd rather live and let live.

I can see why that would put you off, and much respect for the attitude. An amazing amount of people would have just gone along with it instead of standing by what they believed.

QUOTEThe worst moment in US history without Gee-Dub? But he was involved in so many horrible ones!...(The acceptance of the PATRIOT Act, in particular)
I think the most shameful time in our history would be Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The suffering my people forced on so many people was simply atrocious.

That's why I had to say without Gee-Dub, I know you would have just been sat here all night listing incidents mate! lol

That's a loaded question, my friend.
I'm going to say this, and it will be misread, if you don't follow my train of thought to it's teminal station.
The best day to be an American was September 11th, 2001.
It doesn't matter what you think happened that day.
It doesn't matter who you think caused it.
What matters is how my civilian breatheren went into action within a moments notice, in futile rescue efforts and fervent prayer vigils. We're not an extraordinary race, by any stretch of the imagination, but among our ranks ther are some very extraordinary people, and when we're called on to band together, we can do incredible things.

I suppose this isn't so much a great moment in US history as a great moment in Human history.
It just happened to occur here.

Great answer my friend. And a great and very individual perspective on what happened. Most people either look at it from the terrorism viewpoint or the conspiracy viewpoint, very few would look at it from the social and humanitary viewpoint. I feel proud to be able to call you my friend.
smile.gif

*** Damn quote limit! Had to cut out some of replies mate, sorry for not replying to all your replies.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameSoul said:
What were your most favorable moments on the 'Temp?

Have you seen me before?
blink.gif

Some of your favorite games of all time?

What do you like to do in your free time?

Have you been enjoying your stay here?

My most favorable moments on the 'Temp were when it was running extremely fast, even over dialup.

Yeah, I've seen your name around a number of times. Pleased to meetcha.

Some of my all time favorite games are Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) Disgaea (DS, for me), Resident Evil 4 (PC), BioShock (PC), Black & White (1, for PC), Silent Hill (PS1), and World of Goo (PC)

Free time? I don't have a lot of that anymore. Probably sleeping.

I absolutely love spending time with the 'tempers.

QUOTE(Raika @ Oct 19 2009, 03:18 AM) 1) What games are you hyped for right now?
2) What console are you playing the most now?
3) Favorite music genre?
4) Eggs: What do you think of them?
5) If you had a choice, what age would you like to be right now?
6) Favorite musical instrument?
7) What is your dream console?
8) Your dream hairstyle?
9) Your dream game?
10) What are your opinions on companies who produce shitloads of shovelware?

That's all for now.
smile.gif

I'm not incredibly hyped for any upcoming games, since it'll likely be quite a while before I get my hands on them....however, tonight I can finally try out Resident Evil 5, but I'm resisting that urge and answering questions.

The console I play the most these days is DS, perfecting the nuances of FFTA2

My favorite music genre is "good music" I don't care what it is, so long as it tickles my fancy.

Eggs are eggcellent! It's rather difficult to mess up eggs. They're good when preared so many different ways.

The perfect age is 21. If you're 21 and not enjoying life to the fullest without regard for the consequences, you're doing it wrong.

My favorite instrument is most likely the theremin. Like this one.

My dream console? That's pretty easy. It's the PC. It just keeps getting better, even if you have to have incredible stats to play modern games.

.....People have dream hairstyles?

My dream game would likely be a total immersion game (ala "Better than life" from the Red Dwarf TV series.) because really, who the hell would want to be Dwayne Dibley?

Shovelware producers are just trying to colect as much money as possible for as little thought as possible. They're an inevitable byproduct of the environment we've created in the gaming industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto