1852 - Garfield The Search For Pooky (E)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isnt a bad game. Though the animation doesnt look as good as the NES versoin O-o
The genesis garfield game was plain great :3 But I think SEGA made that one o-o
This one is sorta like the NES one but feels more like a homebrew game o-o.
I think Id rather play the NES and Genesis ones on an emulator for the DS
tongue.gif

Though the music isnt too bad.
And even though theres a lack of animation, the sprites look more like they are from the comics.
But they coulda game up with a better idea than "Pooky gets bear napped by mice, go eat food and catch mice one at a time then put in cage"
The genesis one was "GET SUCKED IN THE TV!" and that was just plain good XD
The nes one just had, "go walk around and do stuff until you find odie wich garfield will punt anyway" though that one had alot of weapons XD
Its atleast a decent game, and since it has garfield in it, its an alright decent game with an actual reason to consider playing it.

Also, the game's engine reminds me of the old Ren and Stimpy Vidieots game for snes o-o

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Calvin and Hobbes seems to be pretty popular, but it doesn't get much praise. There's not even an official site for it.

On-Topic: I agree that the design in this game is pretty messed up. Garfield -> Video Games is such a bad idea.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah man, Garfield for the Genesis, I played that all the time.

I will give this game one thing though, they did a great job transferring Garfield to the GBA, I mean, look at him! He looks great!

Now if only they could have put that much time into the rest of the game...

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
At first I thought the title read: "Garfield The Search for Pussy". Don't get any dodgy ideas in your heads, remember, a pussy is only a cat (or is it?
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif
).

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Calvin and Hobbes seems to be pretty popular, but it doesn't get much praise. There's not even an official site for it.
It gets plenty of praise precisely for that reason.

Bill Watterson, the cartoonist, has retired, so there's no new material to put on a website. Nor does he wish to return to it, despite how much he loved it, mostly because of his many years fighting.

You see, he spent all ten years of the comic's life fighting against the licencers who wanted to commercialize and sell Calvin and Hobbes stuff. He succeeded, on the most part (there's a large number of illegal bootleg things, mostly drawn from the "Classical Music at 78 RPM" strip or of a piece of fanart that shows Calvin peeing on something, but those weren't supported by Watterson).

Meanwhile, I dare you to find one person who was alive and reading comics in that era who doesn't say it was the best. There are a few older folks who'll bring up other classics (mostly Krazy Kat or Pogo, and some say Peanuts there too... what should be said, though, is that those were the three biggest inspirations for Watterson), but they won't say that Calvin and Hobbes was bad. They probably liked it too.

There's a rare magic in some strips. That one was one of them.

-Tempest out.-

Froze

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
On-Topic:This Garfield game is not as fun as I think.I rather play the Genesis version.
Off-Topic:Snoopy,Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield was the best comic strips I ever seen.But only Calvin and Hobbes are featured in my daily newspaper.

MonkeyHead79

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No love for Get Fuzzy, huh?
Never got that in my paper, nor have I come across any collections in the library or local bookstore.

So, no.

More on-topic, I didn't think the Garfield game for Genesis/PC was all that great in itself, but it DID have good animation and rendering of the characters, and the music (in the PC version, as it used CD music) was very very catchy. This one I don't think I'll bother with though. As for the NES version... http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=24 well.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like Get Fuzzy too... it's good, but it's not the truly great masterpiece that is Calvin and Hobbes. (There's a lot of good strips that are funny, but not the same... Dilbert, Fox Trot, Zits, and so on come to mind. Good, but not a masterpiece.)

-Tempest out.-

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed Get Fuzzy when it first started. It's gotten old to me.

I still remember reading the last Calvin and Hobbes in the newspaper on Sunday morning. It broke my heart. Calvin and Hobbes riding down a hill in a wagon, talking about how there's a whole world still to see...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol