1636 - Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U)

Iceman5

Trophies
XP
Country
How can i SRAM patch this thing?? 0_o

i need to SRAM patch it in order to use it with pogoshell!

HELP! ....lol

MonkeyHead79

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it's finally out... permit me a rant, if you will.

Back in the day when Pokémon Red and Blue came out, I bought Red, played it, and was enthralled. Here was a game that was new, original, and most of all, FUN. Then I watched over the years as Yellow came out... and Silver, and Gold, and Crystal, and Ruby, and Sapphire... The first game had lasted me a good while, and by the time I decided on getting a new game, Ruby was out, so I got that.

I was a bit disappointed -- there they were, three series and two special editions under their belt, and not much had been added to the formula, except a buttload of new (and now often hideously mutated-looking) creatures. Right about the point I caught Groudon, I lost interest in the game entirely, and still haven't picked it back up. There was just something missing -- it's like I was playing the same thing over again in a shiny new cartridge.

And now they've finally crossed that thin white line between trying to come up with something good, and trying to come up with something that will sell. They're releasing remakes of Red and Green (why not Blue anyway?). Granted, they may be pretty severe remakes, with minigames and all that hooplah, but they have now more than ever proved what I was suspecting: they've just run out of ideas, but they're still milking the series for every dollar they can get out of it. I used to be a Pokémaniac. Now I have lost my faith. So until they actually come out with a NEW and ORIGINAL Pokémon game, Nintendo can kiss my fat, hairy fanny.
mad.gif

Sigh...

lurrtopia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They haven't run out of ideas. You make it sound like they should create a brand new Pokemon game. What you want another 150-200 more Pokemon to play with? The whole idea is money. They can revamp old titles, port them to their best selling system, and make money off of the same content. That's smart business if you ask me. Look at the Mario Bro remakes. They were basically the SNES remake of the originals with a few things added, and changed. They sold very well. Since they sold each game individually they made more money rather than selling a 4 in 1 Super Mario Allstars + World game. Trust me on this. They don't care what us the gamers want, or think. All they care about is money. The only time the gamers get what they asked for is when they know it will make them money. Otherwise it's canned. =)

SpecialAgent_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
FireRed so far is AMAZING. It took me an hour just to read through some of the new features/enhancements. It IS possible to get all 368 CURRENT Pokemon (first 3 Generations) on the game, but only the Pokemon #1-251 are obtainable in the two games THEMSELVES, and only the original 150 pokemon are obtainable BEFORE defeating the Elite Four.

There are 9 Islands (each with HUGE sub-quests and extra features) meant to be explored AFTER defeating the Elite Four, and damn, this game seems to have more complex features than Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal/Colliseum/Ruby/Sapphire put together.
huh.gif

Anyway, using those islands and also trading with Ru/Sa/Coll, you CAN obtain all 386 CURRENT Pokemon (nothing from Generation 4, which hasn't been released yet).

I cannot stress this point enough:

If anyone thinks this is just a remake of the original games 6 years ago, you could not be MORE WRONG!!!!

Anyway, I remember a couple years ago, we were able to play interchangeably with Sapphire and Ruby. Meaning, with the two roms, we were able to make a save file, change the name, and then continue on the OTHER version, which allowed us to capture monsters from both versions.

Will we be able to do that when LeafGreen comes out?
frown.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I donwloaded this, and it seems I didnt get the patch o-o. I hope useing GBATA's sram patcher would help.
The game does seem to be a simple update of Red and Blue, wich is disapointing.
I liked how the Silver and Gold ones had a celphone and the RTC features, wich I liked alot. Though it was a bit annoying to have to play at night to night fights, but it was still rather fun and made the simple Creature RPG alot more fun for me. Plus I like to beable to check the time on the game while I wasit tons of time in the ever long RPG.

All I want is that darn celphone thing from silver and gold and that night and day features o-o
Also, does this game have the two pokemon at once fighting like that last game? Though that wasnt very great, its atleast something to look forward to.

But I think id actualy play this game. I already own the first two Pokemon games (wich I never really beat or played all too much) and being able to have all my favorites back is very good. But there seems to be so many features that are expected but left out O-o.
But if you cant stand the origonal's annoying music, you can atleast enjoy the fact that teh music wont kill you. Though that radio item in Gold and Silver was kinda nice when you get tired of a certain tune o-o.
Hopefully after you beat the game you'll get the features from the second generation. And if not, Id suggest cheating and trying to find that Yoshi pokemon, wich was a secret pokemon in the Red and Blue. Though it was called a rumor, Ive actualy tried it once
tongue.gif
. Though Yoshi is a crappy and glitchy charector o-o, it was fun to get at the least. And there was that weird glitch pokemon that changed when you did certain things wich happend to be apart of the Yoshi secret o-o

Anyway, this game isnt too bad, but it seems to be more for new and younger audeinces.

Now I'll need to get that patch and try to cheat and sorta transfer my old pokemon to this one for the heck of it
tongue.gif

A

acer r

FUCK, I just beat the game and all my save states are at the credits, I never patched it or saved it, am i screwed??
frown.gif

SpecialAgent_Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
The Kanto region is pretty much the same as in Red/Blue/Yellow. But that's only HALF of the game. The other HALF of the game is located on the 9 new ISLANDS, with a load of new crap. That's where the real "stuff" is.

Of course, using an emulator, you won't be able to make use of the wireless, multi-player interacting/trading/fighting features, or trade with the Ruby/Sapphire/Colliseum versions in the Time Machine on Island 1.

furakon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They haven't run out of ideas. You make it sound like they should create a brand new Pokemon game. What you want another 150-200 more Pokemon to play with? The whole idea is money. They can revamp old titles, port them to their best selling system, and make money off of the same content. That's smart business if you ask me. Look at the Mario Bro remakes. They were basically the SNES remake of the originals with a few things added, and changed. They sold very well. Since they sold each game individually they made more money rather than selling a 4 in 1 Super Mario Allstars + World game. Trust me on this. They don't care what us the gamers want, or think. All they care about is money. The only time the gamers get what they asked for is when they know it will make them money. Otherwise it's canned. =)
Sadly I have to agree... They take advantage of big names to make big bucks. My only hope is that the cash cow's tit will dry out sometime... Don't get me wrong, I love to rememeber and replay the old classics, but enough is enough
frown.gif

R

ratbu

u didnt need to patch the rom if your playing it with vba
yeah at first i didn't patch it. But after pressing start at the title screen i got an some kind of error(can't remember). So i patched it and i didn't get that error. But when i load my save game it says its corrupted.

Tried extracting the rom again. Then load it without the patch and i didn't get an error this time after pressing start at the title screen.
ohmy.gif
unsure.gif
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn