1589 - GetRide AMDriver: Senkou no Hero Tanjou (J)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game rules!
I love playing it. And I hate stradegy games. lol
The simple fighting controls and cool looking attacks for everything make it look pretty awsome. Plus the music is pretty good.

I wish it was in english. Atleast the menus :/

If anyone finds a translation guide for the menus, I think I'll do a translation hack :3

But I lack the GBA hacking tools. Heck Ive been wanting to do a hack of Sonic Adventure for a long time but no GBA hacking tools :/
I wanted to make a Dark version of it with shadow and other chars. Its a bit late for that now :/ Plus I need alot of rom hacking practice still

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh and this game is based on an anime of the same name right? I hope its a popular one, I wanna check out any subtitled videos of it :3
You're right. It started back in April and it's up to episode 16 right now. It's under the name "GetRide AMDriver". I haven't watched or really know about the Anime but after playing the game, I do a bit now
tongue.gif

You can view more about the Anime here:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/amdriver/

Click the last button with orange characters for a general trailer and click the second last button for a preview of the next episode.

QUOTE(ShadowXP @ Jul 23 2004, 05:12 PM)How about a small FAQ/Walkthrough, x_comp? I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it, and I love the way you present translated dialouge in them, too. Your never on MSN, either.
frown.gif
That's me uploaded one for the night. Should appear in GameFAQs by tomorrow morning, BST.

It's a cool little game. I like the range of weapons it allows you to equip and the budget balance. You don't earn too little or too much after each mission. You can spend all the money on small Gear Weapons or you can save it up for some mega ones later. Then there's the rating system and the excellent animation / artwork.

- Edit
Looks like it might take a while before GameFAQs put it up due to the low demand so if anyone's interested, they can get it here for now.

Tidalwave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To my knowledge, there AREN'T any fansubbed episodes of Get Ride! Amdriver.
I've watched the 17 episodes (unsubtitled) that have aired, and I love the series. The game seems to follow roughly the same kind of flow... Jenus, Ragna and Sera start out as the "New Face" rookies, and they get as popular as the big name Amdrivers like Scene and Dark.

It's a just a little frustrating to play the game when you're at a mission where you're "competing" with Dark's Unit and/or Pafu's Unit, and they're uber strong, while I'm sitting around with all 3 of my guys with AmJacket DX's, with the Bisars on sale, but I don't have the budget for it...
frown.gif

I'm also a little bugged by the fact that in the anime, Jenus and his gang have AmJacket DX's WITH the RideBoard, but in the game, you can't equip the RideBoard with the AmJacket DX's, since the the AmJacket DX already takes up all 4 of your characters equip slots, you don't have 2 more free slots for the RideBoard...
dry.gif

Either way, this game is loads of fun with the superb battle animations, and since I've watched the anime, I take the time to read the dialog, and it's really nice when the character voices are "reading" the text in my head.
happy.gif

Jenus: "ikuse~ Ragu, Sera!"
Sera: "wakatta."
Ragna: "Allons-y!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one