Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bubble Bursting time again:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/09/26/...ime-exclusives/

To spell it out for ya:

MTV: What’s the story behind the apparent reference in “Metroid Prime 3? to “Metroid Dread,” the rumored but never-confirmed 2D game some fans hope is being made at Nintendo?

Pacini: “It’s not what you think it means… it was something that was overlooked and wasn’t in any way indicating anything about the handheld game. We know no information about the handheld games.

MTV: Are you suggesting that you got in trouble or something?

Pacini: Not at all. We actually had a fictional element of something else in the game that by a large coincidence could be read that we were giving a hint about “Metroid Dread” which was not the case. It’s a complete and utter coincidence.

MTV: OK.

Pacini: That’s all I can say on it.
coincidence my ass.
Sorry, but there is no damn way that anyone at retro or nintendo would just coincidentally make a message about "progress on metroid dread" without knowing that everyone who's interested in metroid has been looking for hints of Dread for years.
No, it's not a coincidence, that is complete and utter bullshit.

It of course could be a prank to tease metroid fans, but I like to think some godly writer at retro sneaked in a secret message for us
wink.gif

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 2D Metroid games on the GBA are some of my favourite handheld games of all time.

Actually, I think the first one is my number 1.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i really hope it is! cause wi-fi would be awesome
ohmy.gif
all on the same team and killing things, co-op oOOoOooOOooooooooOoooOo yep.. it would just be awesome, if it does come out, think it'll have wi-fi?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think nintendo were working on it when prime3 was in production but it got canceled and they forgot to remove it. They've probably got most their developers working on wii fit and brain training 3
frown.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo would have to be absolutely retarded not to make another 2D Metroid. I believe one will eventually surface.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think nintendo were working on it when prime3 was in production but it got canceled and they forgot to remove it. They've probably got most their developers working on wii fit and brain training 3
frown.gif

I'm not sure that sounds reasonable... If they had the time to scrap a whole game that was "near completion" then couldn't they have removed a small easter egg?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
was it ever at near completion? don't think so. pretty easy to forget about a small easter egg like that when you're trying to get your game out.

don't get me wrong I want 2D metroid just as much as you guys do. I just don't know why nintendo would put the easter egg in then formally retract it unless the game was canceled.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
was it ever at near completion? don't think so. pretty easy to forget about a small easter egg like that when you're trying to get your game out.

don't get me wrong I want 2D metroid just as much as you guys do. I just don't know why nintendo would put the easter egg in then formally retract it unless the game was canceled.

What you were speculating was that the easter egg was true but they scraped the game and forgot to take out the easter egg. If the easter egg was true, which you were implying, then according to the easter egg it's "near completion."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1