15 year old makes MMO?

legrolls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My name is Eric, and I enjoy doing things with computers. My goal is to work at Jagex, but I'm only 15 years old, so I have a ways to go. I'm fluent with HTML, and good at PHP/Mysql, and run my own game at www.mylifetherpg.com.

I'm not that great at Java, though. I can do some stuff with Javascript, I guess. I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished in just a short year.

http://www.mylifetherpg.com

Pretty cool MMORPG by the way, although it's text based. Oh well.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey nice job mate, maybe u could teach me some C++
im 13 and i already know the basics
wink.gif

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh, nice job with the RPG! I'm amazed (just signed up). I found a glitch though. I got into jail for one minute, but as soon as I clicked home I got out of jail lol.

EDIT: After exploring a little bit, I found that the game was incredible for a 15-year-old! Finally something to waste time on with my iPhone! Good job!

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
15 year old makes an MMO and a 25 year old a Dolly Parton game
Am I THE only one here who sees something wrong with this?

nah we're awesome
biggrin.gif

legrolls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this but I made a new game, better than ever, still on the same website.

You can do quests, hovercar race, play blackjack, train 6 skills, go to mars, get a job, do crimes, go to jail, and more.

It's cellphone compatible, too!

http://www.mylifetherpg.com

legrolls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Awww, I thought it was something like RuneScape. Its like Mafia Wars, I hate Mafia Wars
frown.gif

However, I noticed that your website looks almost identical to the old RS website

Yeah the RS thing was a sort of tribute.

Sorry, the game isn't for everyone. It's not much focused on fighting, though. Each species can do 3 unique quests, as well as other stuff.

legrolls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Reaper said:
How can you work for Jagex if you live in USA?
Move to the UK? lol

Precisely. It's not like I enjoy Runescape anymore (stopped playing in 2005) but I respect what they've done for the gaming community. The main developer has been programming Java games since like 1996.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
legrolls said:
Linkiboy said:
Reaper said:
How can you work for Jagex if you live in USA?
Move to the UK? lol

Precisely. It's not like I enjoy Runescape anymore (stopped playing in 2005) but I respect what they've done for the gaming community. The main developer has been programming Java games since like 1996.

I agree with you here, all of my friends and me quit RuneScape just because we grew out of it, all of them are like "Fuck that game, that game sucked ass, I can't believe I just wasted 2 1/2 years of my life on that game!"

I don't think that way, I don't play anymore but I respect that they made a good game that has had many players and me playing for so long. The only reason I quit and sold my account is because all the new updates blow ass.

legrolls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but this game is real, and Bob's is fake...

I also contacted Andrew Gower on his email today...I'm serious, and I have pics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)