Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
new.gif
1438 - Duel Masters 2 JAPAN 128Mbit (Rising Sun)

1438_1.PNG
1438_2.PNG

Language: Japanese.
Save Type: SRAM_V113 (256Kbit)[/p]

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
woohoo i'm happy with this release as i finished like two days ago the first duel master
smile.gif

(if you are wondering how i know the rule of the game and i used a complete translated list of card at this site www.duelmasters.tv) i just hope this bring a lot more card and a better ai (the ai of the first wasn't bad but haved some problem to choose which blocker to use)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yep here i am
basicaly it's your normal card game if you know how to play magic this is much easy
anyway
in your turn you play three phase
in the first phase you decide what card to play in your mana zone
you noticed how the card have number right? well that's how many mana you need to play that card
when you use a mana you tap it to show you are using it... tapped mana can't be used again so if you are tapping 2 card for a spell you can't use those 2 card again another rule is that you have to tap a mana of the color of the card you want to play (for example a fire card that cost 6 need you to tap 1 fire card and 5 other card)
in the second phase you decide what card to cast i already explain how you cast thing so i don't think i need to explain much here
the third phase is a combat phase in this phase you attack with your monster... the number on the low part of the monster means his strenght... now... you can attack with your monster two thing 1) a shield 2) a tapped monster let'see the difference
1) the shield
the shield are what keep you alive... every time you (or your opponent) attack a shield that shield is destroyed and your opponent (or you) put that shield in your hand if you have no shield then you become vulnerable and you lose if you get attacked so if your opponent manage to reach you 6 times you lose
2) an opponent monster
in the case you decide to attack an opponent monster that's where the number on the low left come in hand at that point the monster with the highest number destroy the monster with the lowest number... if two monster have the same value they both get destroyed
and that's all... now the game seem simply right? well it is but there are some complication which come in form of special ability let's see some of them
Blocker: this showed with a blue ball this enable you to be able to tap a creature to stop an attack if you decide to stop the attack the attacking creature and the creature you tapped battle... this ability is showed in light (white) water (blue) and dark (black) creature but usualy a creature with blocker can't attack (thought some of them can... again read the list of card) plus dark blocker are pretty suicidal and destroy themself after blocking
Double Breaker: this is showed with a red W when a card has double breaker and attack a shield instead of destroy a shield it destory TWO shield this ability show up on big creature
Power Attacker: this is showed with a + on their attack value and mean that when this creature attack this creature get bonus power so for example a 2000 creature with power attacker +1000 is a 2000 that become a 3000 when attacking, this ability show up on fire (red) and on some nature (green) card
Evolution: this is showed with a six star thing... this creature can be summoned only if you have a creature of the same type and you summon it on top of one of those creature so if you have a card that read "Evolution: Beastfolk" you have to play this on top of a beastfolk
Slayer: usualy when a creature lose a battle they simple get destroyed but if a creature has slayer the creature that destroyed it is destroyed too this ability show up on dark (black) creature and have no particulary sign
Shield Trigger: this is showed by a thunder if this card is put into the shield zone and you draw it you can play it the moment you draw it without paying their cost this usualy show up on spell but it show up on some creature as well
anyway if you want more explanation (or the translation of the card's effect) you can just go here www.duelmasters.tv

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no there wasn't any duelmaster 1 in usa i just played it in japanese with the translated card list at that site i linked like two thousand time
smile.gif

EDIT: aw come on people this game is wonderfull if you play card game and if you got any question about card and/or rule you can just ask me
what the heck play it!
anyway
1) i was wrong with slayer... is it showed with a scythe not by text
2) the star card in your deck mean your Signature Card when you play your signature card your character does an animation and say a quote you can change the signature card by pressing start when you are selecting how much of that card you want in your deck and you can change what you say with the option with the bang draw
3) if you are wondering why you can't do a tournament it is because first you have to beat all your opponent on the shop
anyway when two creature battle and the character are showed they have some missing part but for some strange reason this doesn't happen if the creature are of the same civilization is it normal?

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
anyway when two creature battle and the character are showed they have some missing part but for some strange reason this doesn't happen if the creature are of the same civilization is it normal?
I noticed it too... maybe a wrong dump??
blink.gif

Whatever... now I feel really sorry for not playing the first one, I tried this today and it's A-MA-ZING, way faster than Yugioh for some reason
happy.gif
and man, look at the voice acting, and the character portraits (when properly showed ¬¬), it's sorta exciting ^^;

Anyway... I'm started with the yellow/blue deck, and I'm with trouble in defeating a guy in black with long dark blue hair, can you help me on how to beat him Magus? ^^,

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm not any good idea he kicked my ass too today i will see if i get some idea to beat him... anyway i wanted to start with the white/blue deck but after see how different was from the white/blue deck of the first duel master game (which was more bilanced and featured more blocker) i started with the green/white deck

Holy Dragon Mast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed, Duel Masters is truely a fantastic TCG. I want to play this game so badly, it's giving me a headache. Though, I was wondering - is it possible to play this game in Japanese, Magus? And how are you supposed to look up the card(s) name(s) and effect(s)? Please help me out here.

~Holy Dragon.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simple you check the list of this site www.duelmasters.tv then just remember what they do!
happy.gif

trust me it's not hard at first you will get confused but after a while you will say thing like "uh-oh that's unicorn fish!" or "i want to build a human deck let's take vorg,getto and murasama"
i did it for the first duel master and i'm doing it for this thought i have to admit i only builded a deck (for being exact i builded a human/liquid people deck and i didn't try any other deck because i finded it pretty strong)
thought i have to say that that list is not perfect... first sometime it make error
here what i founded when i played with the first duel master
1) crystal lancer is unblockable they forgot to say that
2) crystal paladin make all creature with blocker return to owner hand not only one
thought there might be some other error i find the other translation right
the problem come with those promo... well for those you can't do anything except the classical "trial & error" or maybe a better search with google!

sVc_Chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
omg
advance-power no roms.sad~
this is such a good game too,with Digimon Racing.
could someone send me a PM for these 2 baby?
thanks a lot

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i managed to beat the dark guy with a white/blue deck but then the guy with the blue hair kicked my ass with king depthcon... i need that card!
anyway
my deck runned a lot of blocker some weenie and some bouncer (named unicorn fish and spiral gate) plus some tapper (holy awe and solar ray)

D

DarkWolfNine

anyone want to translate the menu options? (no need for all the cards.) just the menu system. I can get around, but it just seems to be a bit of a pain. (like running blind. heh)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the menu isn't so hard...
anyway kokujoe,svc, we don't offer rom here if you want something check the mirc tutorial and go to #gbatemp on efnet
EDIT: srry darkwolf i was being in hurry and i wroted the wrong nick... srry again ^ _ ^'

D

DarkWolfNine

I don't need the rom
tongue.gif
I'm not that needy. I was just askin for a translation for the menus. Although I can get around w/o it. (You probably meant Kokujoe in that statement)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: