Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
essentialgames.png
GBAtemp Recommends! Guru Logi Champ
G.R. Issue #7 (GBA)

How did you find Sabre Wulf? Did you wolf it down?

Welcome back! You are now reading the seventh issue of GBAtemp Recommends! - a weekly magazine feature in which we share our favourite Game Boy Advance titles. The games we recommend may be top titles from the GBA library, or they may be sleeper hits that flew by the radar, but one thing's certain, they're all fantastic games that deserve your play time!

GBAtemp Recommends!

Guru Logi Champ
gt0353.png
gt0353.png

We thought we'd treat you to a puzzle game this week, and what better title to pick as the first puzzle game in the GBAtemp Recommends! library than this?

Guru Logi Champ is simply one of the best pick-up-and-play puzzle games on the Game Boy Advance (or any system for that matter). If you enjoy a good challenge then you'll love this game. The game is kind of a mash-up between Picross and Pengo, with the object of the game being to "draw" a specific object by firing blocks into the play area - a large grid which has a few "base" blocks already set down for you to build around. You can spin the play field 90° to change where your blocks are shot, but may find the path obstructed by the preliminary blocks -- and there lies the challenge. You can also recall blocks you have fired, and remove them from the play field - which you may need, as you are only issued a certain amount of blocks per level!

With some of the best presentation, graphics and sound effects on the GBA, this title is sure to make you smile. The game has a great story with some hilariously random cut-scenes, and the "Champs" as they're called are awesome little critters (you may have even seen them around GBAtemp and the net in avatars and sigs). Unfortunately the game never saw a release outside of Japan, and the majority of the text is in Japanese. But don't let that put you off, it's still very easy to find your way around and to play through the game without even the slightest knowledge of the language.

Give this one a spin, we know you'll have a blast!

If you're still unsure about the game, then there's even a 10 level PC demo of the game available for you to try. We're good to you, aren't we?
On top of that, NTSC-uk has even (just recently) released a full blown "translation" for the game - no, not a patch unfortunately! But a very comprehensive guide which we've linked to below. (Thanks NTSC-uk and Sorrel Tilley).

Game Synopsis said:
None available.
ja.gif
#0353 - Guru Logic Champ (Nobody)

Genre: Puzzle
Publisher: Compile
Dumped on: 16/03/2002
ROM Size: 32Mbit

If you enjoyed this weeks issue of GBAtemp Recommends! please leave a comment in the discussion. This helps us monitor response and will help us improve future issues and to keep them coming regularly.

gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
download.gif
Download the PC demo
c171.gif
Game Profile at Wikipedia
icon11.gif
Translation guide at NTSC-uk
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History
discuss.png
Discuss

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Never heard of it
shy.gif

I watched the video and it's kinda picross-ish...I think I'll enjoy it fully....Can't wait to play a bit later in bed..
And I absolutely love the style of graphics and the whole presentation of game overall..

Sadman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a fan of puzzle games and this is amazing. Unknown to me until today, thanks GBAtemp recommends!
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
The recommended games get weirder and more obscure all the time. Will this keep up?
No, sometimes we'll shove a biggy in there too.

We've already had Golden Sun & Boktai.

BluepointVance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My all time favorite puzzle game. Incredibly addictive. Fun. Funny. Brain bending (on the later levels.)

If you haven't played this thing and you like puzzle games, you have truly missed out.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I LOVE this game. for the longest time I used to have a picture from this game as my signature.....but then I lost the file. One of my favorite parts is the bathroom level where the little dude is riding it backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *peacefully