Homebrew 11.3 - how to update?

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
I've read as many threads here and on Reddit as I can about the 11.3 update, I've gathered that if you have a9lh and Luma CFW, by using 3ds.guide, it's safe to update, I just wondered HOW we go about it - do you just boot the 3DS (i.e. into Luma CFW) then do a system update?

Are there any other steps that should be done first? Is there even a need/advantage to updating?

Thank you

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've read as many threads here and on Reddit as I can about the 11.3 update, I've gathered that if you have a9lh and Luma CFW, by using 3ds.guide, it's safe to update, I just wondered HOW we go about it - do you just boot the 3DS (i.e. into Luma CFW) then do a system update?

Are there any other steps that should be done first? Is there even a need/advantage to updating?

Thank you
If you have A9LH and Luma on the latest version, you just go to the system settings and update.
If you don't have A9LH though or any other firmware, you might run into issues. That's what i heard at least.

Updated my N3DS on Luma 6.6 just yesterday without issues.

Last edited by F4LK,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're using the latest Luma and have A9LH, you can just update through System Settings as normal.

Are there any other steps that should be done first?
No, just ensure that you're using the latest Luma.

Is there even a need/advantage to updating?
Being able to use online features that check if you've updated (though ctr-httpwn may be able to bypass these).

I updated from 11.2 to 11.3 today (using the latest Luma hourly) and it went fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night