Hacking 11.2.0-35 ctrtransfer image files

annson24

The Patient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guys, I'm trying to make ctrtransfer images for v11.2.0-35. I've successfully made one for New and for Old US regions. Those were from a clean (non-a9lh) 3DS'es as I've notice a size difference with a hacked and an un-hacked one, and I'm not entirely sure if we can flash the ctrtransfer image from a hacked 3ds to an un-hacked 3ds and no bricks will occur.

Anyway since v11.3 was out some few days ago, making a clean ctrtransfer image files for the other regions is a little bit harder now.

(EDIT: cannot ask for copyrighted contents)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by annson24,

annson24

The Patient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You are not Allowed to share any Illegal content/warez in gbatemp.
Sorry about that, you mean to say sharing ctrtransfer images is considered piracy? Maybe that's why 9.2 ctr images are on magnet links in the guide. Thanks for the info, will revise the post.

You should write to @Plailect. If the difference between the two dumps is only small (few megabytes) it's okay. You can flash them to an unhacked system because your backup doesn't have arm9loaderhax.
Yeah, they just have tiny difference, nonetheless, it's still a difference that's why I was hesitant to use ctrtransfer images from hacked ones. Thanks for the info also.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry about that, you mean to say sharing ctrtransfer images is considered piracy? Maybe that's why 9.2 ctr images are on magnet links in the guide. Thanks for the info, will revise the post.

Yeah, they just have tiny difference, nonetheless, it's still a difference that's why I was hesitant to use ctrtransfer images from hacked ones. Thanks for the info also.

yes the ctransfer files are the CTRNAND partition of your Nand and obviously thats copyrighted software, and I guess that german guy above has like we in germany would say "ein brett vorm kopf" what means "a board in front of his head" what means that he don't know what he is saying. First of all the a9lh payloads are stored in FIRM0 so they are obviously not in CTRNAND and also if they where there for some strange reason it would make a difference of some bytes.

Last edited by adrifcastr,
Reactions: annson24

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wanted to express that firm0/firm1 is not in ctrnand but I didn't know how to express it. Sorry for that. The difference can occur when you have installed a system title more (for example devmenu). When it's only a few mb difference there's nothing to worry about. Decrypt9 checks that everything was dumped correctly, there are multiple failsafes included.

Last edited by einhuman197,

annson24

The Patient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yes the ctransfer files are the CTRNAND partition of your Nand and obviously thats copyrighted software, and I guess that german guy above has like we in germany would say "ein brett vorm kopf" what means "a board in front of his head" what means that he don't know what he is saying. First of all the a9lh payloads are stored in FIRM0 so they are obviously not in CTRNAND and also if they where there for some strange reason it would make a difference of some bytes.

Alright then, I'll make the E, J, & K with the hacked 3dses I have and maybe try to contact plailect if he's willing to use it in his guide for region changing.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright then, I'll make the E, J, & K with the hacked 3dses I have and maybe try to contact plailect if he's willing to use it in his guide for region changing.
as @einhuman197 already corrected himself and explained you why there might be a difference, there you have your answer. good luck in contacting plailect. that could take some time

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr