11.2.0-35 ctrtransfer image files

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by annson24, Feb 15, 2017.

1. annson24
    OP

annson24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2016
    Hey guys, I'm trying to make ctrtransfer images for v11.2.0-35. I've successfully made one for New and for Old US regions. Those were from a clean (non-a9lh) 3DS'es as I've notice a size difference with a hacked and an un-hacked one, and I'm not entirely sure if we can flash the ctrtransfer image from a hacked 3ds to an un-hacked 3ds and no bricks will occur.

Anyway since v11.3 was out some few days ago, making a clean ctrtransfer image files for the other regions is a little bit harder now.

(EDIT: cannot ask for copyrighted contents)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by annson24, Feb 15, 2017
  2. addi33

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    You are not Allowed to share any Illegal content/warez in gbatemp.

annson24 likes this.
  3. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    You should write to @Plailect. If the difference between the two dumps is only small (few megabytes) it's okay. You can flash them to an unhacked system because your backup doesn't have arm9loaderhax.

annson24 likes this.
  4. addi33

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    umm you know that the a9lh payloads are stored in FIRM0 not in CTRNAND?

annson24 likes this.
  5. annson24
    OP

May 5, 2016
    Sorry about that, you mean to say sharing ctrtransfer images is considered piracy? Maybe that's why 9.2 ctr images are on magnet links in the guide. Thanks for the info, will revise the post.

Yeah, they just have tiny difference, nonetheless, it's still a difference that's why I was hesitant to use ctrtransfer images from hacked ones. Thanks for the info also.

6. addi33

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    yes the ctransfer files are the CTRNAND partition of your Nand and obviously thats copyrighted software, and I guess that german guy above has like we in germany would say "ein brett vorm kopf" what means "a board in front of his head" what means that he don't know what he is saying. First of all the a9lh payloads are stored in FIRM0 so they are obviously not in CTRNAND and also if they where there for some strange reason it would make a difference of some bytes.

Last edited by addi33, Feb 15, 2017
    annson24 likes this.
  7. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    I wanted to express that firm0/firm1 is not in ctrnand but I didn't know how to express it. Sorry for that. The difference can occur when you have installed a system title more (for example devmenu). When it's only a few mb difference there's nothing to worry about. Decrypt9 checks that everything was dumped correctly, there are multiple failsafes included.

Last edited by einhuman197, Feb 15, 2017
    annson24 and addi33 like this.
  8. annson24
    OP

May 5, 2016
    Alright then, I'll make the E, J, & K with the hacked 3dses I have and maybe try to contact plailect if he's willing to use it in his guide for region changing.

9. addi33

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    as @einhuman197 already corrected himself and explained you why there might be a difference, there you have your answer. good luck in contacting plailect. that could take some time