Seakay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey guys,
i have a little question about that fieldrunners downgrade.
My sister has a N3ds on 11.0 firmware so i know that my o3ds will transfer over.
So here is the question, my o3ds is on firmware 9.1 with luma 11.0 cfw, i'm not gonna install a9lh on it because after my hardmod it's turning off some times and emunand is just ok for my usage.
Can i do the fieldrunners thin to my sister's n3ds without a9lh ? Since a dsiware won't run on emunand can i install a non legit version on sysnand so i can boot it on emunand to create the save file or is it not needed ?
Thanks in advance guys, i couldn't find a real answer for it.

Lia_

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you transfer the emuNAND the ticket is still legit, so you can reinstall fieldrunners on your sister's n3ds.
EDIT: I just realised after posting that what I just said won't work. Sorry :/

Last edited by Lia_,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you transfer the emuNAND the ticket is still legit, so you can reinstall fieldrunners on your sister's n3ds.
EDIT: I just realised after posting that what I just said won't work. Sorry :/
Why? I made that very same thing. Although it was a lot of time ago, but I sure transferred my 10.3 EmuNAND with legit purchased games to my vanilla N3DS and it worked alright. (the newest FW back then)

Lia_

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? I made that very same thing. Although it was a lot of time ago, but I sure transferred my 10.3 EmuNAND with legit purchased games to my vanilla N3DS and it worked alright. (the newest FW back then)
For fieldrunnershax you need to transfer the save file as well (The save file is hacked). If you reinstall the game, you lose the save file.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For fieldrunnershax you need to transfer the save file as well (The save file is hacked). If you reinstall the game, you lose the save file.
I get what you're saying, since DSiWare games need to be on both EmuNAND and SysNAND to run, but can't GodMode let you write in the DSiWare on EmuNAND (although it won't boot, of course), and after the transfer you should still have it installed with the save edited, shouldn't you?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i do the fieldrunners thin to my sister's n3ds without a9lh ?

Yes, field runers its an exploit do grant the access to downgrade only. so no need to do A9LH. you can do just basic Luma/Emunand or even RxTools if you please.

Since a dsiware won't run on emunand can i install a non legit version on sysnand so i can boot it on emunand to create the save file or is it not needed ?

No, you must totally purchase the game, since the system transfer detects the purchases and only transfer those,as well as the save.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Lia_

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you had a9lh it would make this a lot easier. (You could swap around the emuNAND and sysNAND, reinstall fieldrunners, put the save in, do the transfer, then swap around the emuNAND and sysNAND again)

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you did not pay for field runners, you cannot system transfer cause it won't be recognized in your purchase history and the system won't transfer cause of it.
He isn't clear, but I think he asked if he could install a non legit copy in SysNAND so he could boot the game for the save file to be created, since even the legit purchased game wouldn't boot in EmuNAND.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Seakay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, I'm totaly fine with paying those 5€ for the game that's not the question so the game on the emunand will be legit of course.
I just want to install the non legit one on sysnand to be able to boot it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He isn't clear, but I think he asked if he could install a non legit copy in SysNAND so he could boot the game for the save file to be created, since even the legit purchased game wouldn't boot in EmuNAND.
The game must be purchased, that was my point that me and @ScarletDreamz made. The idea is to inject the save data with haked save file for the exploit on a system with CFW then system transfer to the new system to perform the downgrade.

If you didn't buy it, you can't perform the system transfer with the game. That is all i meant to say.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I'm totaly fine with paying those 5€ for the game that's not the question so the game on the emunand will be legit of course.
I just want to install the non legit one on sysnand to be able to boot it.
Oh, let me help you on that, you dont need to boot the game to create a save, as far as i know, after the game is installed it create the folders necessary.

Also, you can just patch TWL_FIRM to run DSiWare on both emunand and sysnand. or better, use pasta!

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game must be purchased, that was my point that me and @ScarletDreamz made. The idea is to inject the save data with haked save file for the exploit on a system with CFW then system transfer to the new system to perform the downgrade.

If you didn't buy it, you can't perform the system transfer with the game. That is all i meant to say.
I know I did a DSi Downgrade myself last week.

The OP is asking if he can initialize the save data booting the game from SysNAND, which would be CIA installed since he would buy it in EmuNAND! And the answer would be no, since loading the game in EmuNAND with it installed in SysNAND would save to SysNAND, not EmuNAND.

Using GodMode for injecting the save should be enough, though.

Seakay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, let me help you on that, you dont need to boot the game to create a save, as far as i know, after the game is installed it create the folders necessary.

Also, you can just patch TWL_FIRM to run DSiWare on both emunand and sysnand. or better, use pasta!

ok,
So all i need to do is buy the game with a "dummy" NNID Patch the game and perform the transfer? really this easy ?

I'm not sure if I understood well, Do I need to run pasta in emunand ? and then just do the same thing as for a gba game?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm i dunno, that all seem too complicated, it just seem easier if you had a9lh, struggling with the emunand vs sysnand difference, seem to be vastly drastic, if people are having trouble with the decision to use DSIWARE or GBA VC, which seem to still rely on sysnand and not fully operational without it. But is their own decision to have the setup the way they wanted to. I just think the process is easier with a9lh than with emunand, is this not explained in the downgrade guide? :unsure:

It should have been as simple as buying the game in emunand, injecting save data with FBI installer, then performing system transfer, right?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Seakay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm i dunno, that all seem too complicated, it just seem easier if you had a9lh, struggling with the emunand vs sysnand difference, seem to be vastly drastic, if people are having trouble with the decision to use DSIWARE or GBA VC, which seem to still rely on sysnand and not fully operational without it. But is their own decision to have the setup the way they wanted to. I just think the process is easier with a9lh than with emunand, is this not explained in the downgrade guide? :unsure:

Yeah i know it could be much more easier but I don't know if my poor 3ds will survive it, I'm afraid that it will shutdown by the step of transfering 2.1 emunand to sysand and screw up the whole system.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,
So all i need to do is buy the game with a "dummy" NNID Patch the game and perform the transfer? really this easy ?

I'm not sure if I understood well, Do I need to run pasta in emunand ? and then just do the same thing as for a gba game?

Not quite.

If you purchase the game on the sysnand, teorically it as soon as launching, no matter if it crash or not, the game generates the necessary folder, [cant recall where i read this], so you just inject the save,also, you can use GodMode9, it gives you full access to any directory over the SD, Emunand and Sysnand. so you can just inject the save pretty much, and then perform a system transfer.

Past is used to install .Cias on SysNand. ;D

Seakay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not quite.

If you purchase the game on the sysnand, teorically it as soon as launching, no matter if it crash or not, the game generates the necessary folder, [cant recall where i read this], so you just inject the save,also, you can use GodMode9, it gives you full access to any directory over the SD, Emunand and Sysnand. so you can just inject the save pretty much, and then perform a system transfer.

Past is used to install .Cias on SysNand. ;D

Hmmm... Will the eshop boot on 9.1 via the homebrew launcher ? or Did you mean Emunand, sorry if I'm anoying with that topic but it seems more complicated then i thought at once.

And with Pasta you mean that i could install the cia version of it in sysnand to copy the save file over to emunand and from there peform system transfer, right?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... Will the eshop boot on 9.1 via the homebrew launcher ? or Did you mean Emunand, sorry if I'm anoying with that topic but it seems more complicated then i thought at once.

And with Pasta you mean that i could install the cia version of it in sysnand to copy the save file over to emunand and from there peform system transfer, right?
Update your emunand to 11, buy fieldrunners, inject the save using godmode0, or just fbi, system transfer, profit!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"