11.0.0-33E downgrade issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by oO_CurrY_Oo, Nov 5, 2016.

1. oO_CurrY_Oo
    OP

oO_CurrY_Oo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    Belgium
    Following https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade to downgrade my 3ds XL using a buddies 3ds that already has cfw on it.
    I'm at Section VIII step 3 where it says “Downgrade FIRM to 10.4”, when I launch dgTool through fieldrunners it says "Downgrade FIRM0 to 10.7" and not 10.4.
    I downloaded the correct firmware files "firm104_OLD.bin" and "firm110_OLD.bin" using dgTool 2.0.0

Is this a bug with dgTool because it was just updated 2 days ago?
    I think I did mess up during the system transfer because I didn't notice the SD card message mentioned in step 4 (section V) so now I'm using my buddies SD card to complete the guide, so this could also be the problem.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Melodramatic fool

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IIRC, 10.7 still uses the 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM, thus downgrading the FIRM to 10.7 will still work.
    Regardless if it came from the guide, I would trust it.

3. oO_CurrY_Oo
    OP

oO_CurrY_Oo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    Belgium
    If I could just continue with the guide regardless of it saying 10.7 then everything's fine I just want to make sure this doesn't mess anything up because the guide says “Downgrade FIRM to 10.4”

Edit: I decided to try it and it went through fine so far to I think it is just a typo.

Last edited by oO_CurrY_Oo, Nov 5, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice