11.0.0-33E downgrade issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by oO_CurrY_Oo, Nov 5, 2016.

1. oO_CurrY_Oo
    OP

oO_CurrY_Oo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    Belgium
    Following https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade to downgrade my 3ds XL using a buddies 3ds that already has cfw on it.
    I'm at Section VIII step 3 where it says “Downgrade FIRM to 10.4”, when I launch dgTool through fieldrunners it says "Downgrade FIRM0 to 10.7" and not 10.4.
    I downloaded the correct firmware files "firm104_OLD.bin" and "firm110_OLD.bin" using dgTool 2.0.0

Is this a bug with dgTool because it was just updated 2 days ago?
    I think I did mess up during the system transfer because I didn't notice the SD card message mentioned in step 4 (section V) so now I'm using my buddies SD card to complete the guide, so this could also be the problem.

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian derp

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    IIRC, 10.7 still uses the 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM, thus downgrading the FIRM to 10.7 will still work.
    Regardless if it came from the guide, I would trust it.

3. oO_CurrY_Oo
    OP

oO_CurrY_Oo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    Belgium
    If I could just continue with the guide regardless of it saying 10.7 then everything's fine I just want to make sure this doesn't mess anything up because the guide says “Downgrade FIRM to 10.4”

Edit: I decided to try it and it went through fine so far to I think it is just a typo.

Last edited by oO_CurrY_Oo, Nov 5, 2016