10.7 help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kinnayan, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Kinnayan
    OP

Kinnayan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2016
    Gibraltar
    ALERT I am a total homebrew noob. That being said I am having a spot of trouble. I have a 10.7 2DS and want to homebrew it. As you may all know, browserhax is not accessible as upon opening browser, it prompts you to update. I am aware that once you open the browser once it means you can not use browserhax, however I also formatted my system and input a DNS that blocked the update server. That didn't work either. I don't have OoT or Cubic Ninja. What do you people propose? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    Sorry, you can't bypass it no matter what you try. You have to use another exploit (ninjhax, oot3dhax, etc).

3. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Someone suggested google DNS to bypass the update: https://gbatemp.net/threads/not-sure-if-i-should-update.444977/

Otherwise try to get your hands on cubic ninja, freakyforms deluxe, or OOT + powersaves.

Some users have shipped their exploits to others for the cost of shipping, so you can look around here.

Whatever you do, do not update tho!

4. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Suggestion: Block the NUS Servers on your Router, or set the Routers DNS Servers to the Google DNS Server, or the TubeHax Server.

5. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    When you do manage to get to the homebrew launcher, I recommend following the guide to rule them all.
    Heck, you don't even need to get to the launcher, the guide covers that too. But just in case it doesn't, you should definitely follow the above instructions given by several people, as they probably know what they're talking about (more than I do, at least, I've never had to deal with a blocked browser).
    As always, remember, if you don't have Arm9LoaderHax (the best and most reliable hack of all, until we get the BootROM):
    DO NOT UPDATE.

6. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    How exactly does using Google's DNS prevent update nags? Tubehax makes sense seeing as all DNS queries are routed through its server that is specifically set up for that.