Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody help me? I've already downgraded my N3DS to 9.2, and I've installed the FBI CIA but when I try to boot into ReiNand it gets stuck at a black screen... Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to install CFW.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just downgraded mine, O3DS 10.1E. I followed these instructions.
696_10205851127780934_7415914853948673936_n.jpg

You'd better use Homemenuhax for this, once you downgrade you will get a black screen due to having the entrypoint in an unsupported firmware, you can fix that by removing your SD card, switching on your 3DS, plugging in your SD card and switching to a stock theme.

Reactions: Zidapi

frandarre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, just did everything correctly. When sysUpdater rebooted the 3ds, I've got a black screen. Even after removing the sdcard (and deleting extdata from it) I still get the black screen.

Is it ded forever?

Reactions: Drek_blood

Konako

2B Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, just did everything correctly. When sysUpdater rebooted the 3ds, I've got a black screen. Even after removing the sdcard (and deleting extdata from it) I still get the black screen.

Is it ded forever?
No you can boot the 3DS on recovery mode and update

frandarre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No you can boot the 3DS on recovery mode and update

I'm afraid I can't for some reason. Maybe I'm trying to boot it up wrongly. Will keep trying.

EDIT: No luck, I can't boot in recovery mode for some reason. The screen doesn't even light up, it looks like the 3ds is off.

Last edited by frandarre,

katrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded to 9.2U on my o3ds! It only took 7 tries. I used ironhax and didn't open ftbrony and then exit on the last try, if anyone's curious. Now to install CFW. Praise the devs.

yoquesejeje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So theres no way to brick? Just open recovery and pronto?
Yes if you stuck in black screen and nothing functions for you , just reboot in recovery mode ( L , R , up , and A button after turnning the 3ds on) and update to 10.3 again. I think we have to do this quikly becouse nintendo sure take outs another firmware on this days. (its my opinnion dont panic).

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck it. I updated back to 10.3, this method is just too glitchy for me. It looked nice being on 9.2, but then I realized that I can't actually install CFW's. Which means..it didn't patch correctly. I'll wait for official release, I guess.

Aizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
A few hours messings with a few tutorials and...done! Just tested my first two .cias and they are working flawlessly!

Attachments

• photo_2016-01-04_00-01-59.jpg
    photo_2016-01-04_00-01-59.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 221

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes if you stuck in black screen and nothing functions for you , just reboot in recovery mode ( L , R , up , and A button after turnning the 3ds on) and update to 10.3 again. I think we have to do this quikly becouse nintendo sure take outs another firmware on this days. (its my opinnion dont panic).
*While turning the 3DS on.

If your fingers aren't on the appropriate buttons while pressing the power button it won't work.

If you press the power, then press the buttons, it won't work.

Fuck it. I updated back to 10.3, this method is just too glitchy for me. It looked nice being on 9.2, but then I realized that I can't actually install CFW's. Which means..it didn't patch correctly. I'll wait for official release, I guess.
You can install CFWs once downgraded as of about 5 hours ago. Make sure you're using the latest sysupdater version.

does 3ds nus work
For downloading the 10.3 update files? Yes.

For downloading anything below 10.3? No.

frandarre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
*While turning the 3DS on.

If your fingers aren't on the appropriate buttons while pressing the power button it won't work.

If you press the power, then press the buttons, it won't work.

You can install CFWs once downgraded as of about 5 hours ago. Make sure you're using the latest sysupdater version.

For downloading the 10.3 update files? Yes.

For downloading anything below 10.3? No.

No dice, even if pressing the right buttons while turning the 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD