Hacking 1.4U Question.

Hyzera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my DSi yesterday and updated it. After doing some research, it appears that my old R4 doesn't work and the Acekard is supposed to be better.
I see that there's a 1.4 fix, but I'm not really sure how to do it.

I'm thinking of ordering this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728
I have a DS Phat and a DSi with 1.4U

What do I do?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the hack and Akaio 1.5 on the SD card,and then run the hack through the DS phat,and then place the card back into the DSi and it will work.

Hyzera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through that thread and I wasn't sure if I would be able to get the Aacekard working since most of the people there have DS lites, not phats.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
BRICK ALERT!!

Hopefully, yours will be successful. I heard some people bricked their acekard 2i's.

just to scare you. lol.

The bricks were from fail people. Don't worry.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are 2 update files one labeled DSL and one labeled DSi use the DSi one cuz the DSL one is for if you have more than one ak2i to flash , that's why most ppl brick is cuz they use the DSL one and flash a second time on accident causing a brick.
the DSi one works in ds phat,ds lite, and dsi 1.3 fimeware and lower though the names are a but misleading.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
if you follow the link I posted, you'll notice the first 5 replies in which mine is included. I said in the youtube that Im using a DS Phat and Im using the DSi 1.4 update (not DSL 1.4) and it's a successful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ilnCOuCQtE

I was the 4th person to post and tested. didnt bother to recheck as I know it's posted by Normatt for acekard

Hyzera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
there are 2 update files one labeled DSL and one labeled DSi use the DSi one cuz the DSL one is for if you have more than one ak2i to flash , that's why most ppl brick is cuz they use the DSL one and flash a second time on accident causing a brick.
the DSi one works in ds phat,ds lite, and dsi though the names are a but misleading.
Ok, so I need to:

1. Purchase the Acekard I linked in the OP.
2. Download the fix
3. Place fix on the card
4. Put card in DS Phat
5. Install fix.
6. Remove Acecard and place it into the DSi.

Chris_Skylock, I just re-read the first 4 pages and there's only 2-3 posts asking the same thing I did. There were answers, but not very specific so I made this thread. Also, I don't want to scroll through 2 and a half minutes of a YouTube video when I can get the same information in a few seconds by reading text. Thanks for the help though!
smile.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im not forcing you to watch as it's a documentation. I did summarized, didnt I?

QUOTE said:
that Im using a DS Phat and Im using the DSi 1.4 update (not DSL 1.4) and it's a successful.

To all people who's watching my video:

IT'S A DOCUMENTATION AND NOT A HELP VIDEO. Im sick and tired people asking for help.

Hyzera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
im not forcing you to watch as it's a documentation. I did summarized, didnt I?

QUOTE said:
that Im using a DS Phat and Im using the DSi 1.4 update (not DSL 1.4) and it's a successful.

To all people who's watching my video:

IT'S A DOCUMENTATION AND NOT A HELP VIDEO. Im sick and tired people asking for help.

Why link the video in the first place if it's not going to help?

I wasn't asking if it worked. I knew it worked; I was asking how to do it. Ugh, forget it. Arguing on the internet is stupid.

Thank you all for all the help, gbatemp. Even you, Chris.
smile.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris was just trying to assure you that it will be fine and not brick,im almost sure that's what he was saying. But good luck,and have fun. =)

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im not here to argue. What's the point watching documentated videos on the discovery channel, then? lol.

You download the fix and get the DSi 1.4 fix on your acekard 2i, put it on your Original DS and you're good to go. The DSL 1.4 fix is for people with Original DS/ DS Lite and have multiple acekard 2i's.

I was just so curious how people bricked theirs? oh, they used the wrong file?

I sure hope we dont fight as I dont like flaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.