Hacking 1.4.2

HarbXkT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently purchased an iEdge and was wondering whether or not it works with version 1.4.2 for DSi XL. If not, is there going to be an update soon for it? Thanks.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Horrible begginers choice on my part. This will be my first review for my new sponsors. Don't want to return to reviewing if this cart is shitty but lets see what I can make out of it once it comes.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
FlashX007 said:
Horrible begginers choice on my part. This will be my first review for my new sponsors. Don't want to return to reviewing if this cart is shitty but lets see what I can make out of it once it comes.

The card isn't shitty, it has good compatibility and is very easy to use.
The only problem is that it lacks fast updates. You can tell when an update is comming out
wink.gif

When CycloDS Evolution gets an update, you can bet on it, that EDGE/iEDGE gets an update a few days or weeks later
smile.gif

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
DjoeN said:

Yes, it has good compatibility because of the Open Source Wood updates (untill Wood 1.25).

It's not easy to use. The bootstap update is the most complicated thing in my entire flashcard collection. And I have a lot of flashcards.

You can't even sort the ROMs the way you like it, Team Cyclops thought that you should better buy their $50 card if you need this feature...

It's more a Demo for Evo / iEvo than a real flashcard.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Clookster said:
DjoeN said:

Yes, it has good compatibility because of the Open Source Wood updates (untill Wood 1.25).

It's not easy to use. The bootstap update is the most complicated thing in my entire flashcard collection. And I have a lot of flashcards.

You can't even sort the ROMs the way you like it, Team Cyclops thought that you should better buy their $50 card if you need this feature...

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

My GOD ?!
rofl.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Clookster said:
DjoeN said:

Wait... What? iEDGE can use Wood?!?
Bootstrap update was very easy for a total noob friend of mine.
Who cares about sorting ROMs?

It was my first flashcard and I loved it to death.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Clookster said:
DjoeN said:

...you do know the reason why they went for this? they could've bootstrapped it themselves before shipping, but they didn't for legal reasons. other than that, assuming the firmwares are updated, they have really good compatibility, plus it's drag & drop too. no patching or anything before being able to play a game.

and i don't remember Wood working on EDGE (or an iEDGE), so i really have no idea where you're getting on with that... :/

NDS-Gear

Trophies
Website
www.NDS-Gear.com
XP
Country
United States
The iEDGE can now be played on 1.4.2 DSi's, although NOT YET on the 3DS.

Sadly I know this because we have to re-flash and test every card before sending them out, lol
wink.gif

Hopefully they'll release 3DS compatibility soon!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1