Hacking 1.06 is out

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
just seen this at the sc forums=)

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

QUOTE said:
SUPERCARD DSTWO V1.06(update:09-04)
1?Fixed the unstable crush bug in game (added a check to check if the card is reading busy).
2?Added a simple hotkey mode. Full hotkey mode is the same as the in-game hotkey mode before. But in-game menu does not work with some very special games (like Mario RPG 3) before, so we had added a simply hotkey mode, you can enter in-game menu by simply hotkey mode, but Real-Time-Save&Real-Time-Load dont work, other functions work.
You can set the hotkey in the start menu of game browser windows.
3?Use hardware mode to emulate the special command of pokemon games.
Note: Old version patch database can not be use in new OS

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Be nice if they updated the GBA though
dry.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's good to see this flashcart is updated frequently.

I hope they will now release that SFC emulator fast, closed beta are as annoying as hell for end user.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what did this feature Exactly do? : 3?Use hardware mode to emulate the special command of pokemon games.

what did it Emulate??? please tell me Guys
wink.gif

Greatforce

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Razor1993 said:
what did this feature Exactly do? : 3?Use hardware mode to emulate the special command of pokemon games.

wink.gif

Curious, too.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Greatforce said:
Razor1993 said:

wink.gif

Curious, too.
Maybe it emulates whatever Pokemon is doing when it accesses it's save data? Not sure.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I suppose they added what most of s were speculating about before: GBA ROM in RAM while the DS ROM is being emulated, so that it is possible to use Pal Park without the need for a GBA cartridge and/or GBA Exploader.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
I suppose they added what most of s were speculating about before: GBA ROM in RAM while the DS ROM is being emulated, so that it is possible to use Pal Park without the need for a GBA cartridge and/or GBA Exploader.
We can only wish and hope, until they hear our pleas.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Dimensional said:
We can only wish and hope, until they hear our pleas.
I wonder, did anyone actually tell them about it or was it just discussed here and then completely forgotten about?
I emailed them the idea about a month before the card was released. Got a response back saying the programmers were given the email.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I discovered a fatal glitch in the DStwo firmware.
If you attempt to disable the real-time menu, by unchecking all of the buttons, it'll then trigger the menu instantaneously, making it impossible to play the game.

Instead if you want to disable the real-time menu, it would be better to set a combination that needs to you press UP and Down, or Left and Right simultaneously, since that's an impossible input.

I'm testing Soul Silver (E) right now, and already I'm noticing that it plays a LOT better, there's no delay when battles start any more. Let's see if it can not crash though.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SUPERCARD DSTWO V1.06(update:09-04)
1?Fixed the unstable crush bug in game (added a check to check if the card is reading busy).
2?Added a simple hotkey mode. Full hotkey mode is the same as the in-game hotkey mode before. But in-game menu does not work with some very special games (like Mario RPG 3) before, so we had added a simply hotkey mode, you can enter in-game menu by simply hotkey mode, but Real-Time-Save&Real-Time-Load dont work, other functions work.
You can set the hotkey in the start menu of game browser windows.
3?Use hardware mode to emulate the special command of pokemon games.
Note: Old version patch database can not be use in new OS
OK - quick question about '2,'

How does it know WHICH hotkey menu to use to use ??
I would've expected at least a new game option to show up when you press [X] e.g. Mode: 'Clean' / 'Patch(HK)' / 'Patch(HK1)'

I also would've like [Start] > System Settings > Hotkeys+/'Hotkeys- , instead of 'Hot key' and 'Hotkey1' [BTW is it my imagination or is there a space between 'Hot key']
AND
I think there's also a bug - IF one of the 'hotkeys' is 'blank' and the other has something in it - then starting my games seem to start in the hotkey menu (ie game guide/cheat code etc) and you can't leave this

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:

How does it know WHICH hotkey menu to use to use ??
I would've expected at least a new game option to show up when you press [X] e.g. Mode: 'Clean' / 'Patch(HK)' / 'Patch(HK1)'

I also would've like [Start] > System Settings > Hotkeys+/'Hotkeys- , instead of 'Hot key' and 'Hotkey1' [BTW is it my imagination or is there a space between 'Hot keys']
AND
I think there's also a bug - IF one of the 'hotkeys' is 'blank' and the other has something in it - then starting my games seem to start in the hotkey menu (ie game guide/cheat code etc) and you can't leave this
I think it enables the use of two hotkeys at once?
That is, you are allowed to configure two separate combinations, one for full and one for the other.

I'll probably only use the in-game hot key anyway since RTS is not a feature I intend to use, if it'll benefit compatibility.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
I also would've like [Start] > System Settings > Hotkeys+/'Hotkeys- , instead of 'Hot key' and 'Hotkey1' [BTW is it my imagination or is there a space between 'Hot keys']I know I'm quoting myself but it seems You CAN changed the 'Hot key' and 'Hotkey1' labels - 'cos I've now changed it to 'Hotkey+' and 'Hotkey-'

Using a Hex editor (I used HxD) @ offset 00077718 you'll find 'Hotkey' & @ offset 00077720 is 'Hotkey1'.
All I did was add a '+' to the end of 'Hotkey' & changed the '1' to a '-' in 'Hotkey1'.

One thing to note: DON'T do more than 7 characters for each title (so 'Hotkeys' & 'Hot-Key' is OK, but 'H/KeyRTS' is not)

RupeeClockI think it enables the use of two hotkeys at once?
That is, you are allowed to configure two separate combinations, one for full and one for the other.
Unfortunately - no it doesn't

I've tried it with 'Mario - Bowsers inside story', with each 'Hotkey' set up to a different combination.
Only the 'Hotkey1' (or in my case 'Hotkey-') worked with 'M-BIS' with the other 'Hotkey' doesn't.

I then tried it on another game (This time 'Arkanoid') and only 'Hotkey' (or 'Hotkey+' in my case) worked, but the other ('Hotkey1') doesn't

Both bring up the usual RTS screen, but with 'Hotkey1' you are unable to select the 'Save' or 'Load' function

EDIT: Just found out something else... IF you set both 'Hotkey' and 'Hotkey1' to the same key-combo - it will show the RTS with the 'Save'/'Load' avaliable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Simple Hot Key" does not let you Real-Time-Save and Real-Time-Load. I think the Simple Hot Key is used as a secondary option if the "Full Hot Key" does not work when you try to go to the In-Game Menu. Actually, I tried both Hot Keys on Tales of Innocence and one of them worked without having to go to the "Items" Menu and activating it there. I can now activate it anywhere I want with the Simple Hot Key, I think...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...