Hardware 1.0.0-0E - it's good or not really? ಠ_ಠ

Inai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As in the title. I've been researching the possibility of getting a custom soft on my old 3DS, checked the firmware and it's that. I've tried reading on it, but I got lost pretty soon. Some said its wonderful, some said it's too old to be hacked...
What is it, really? Do I have some kind of a Graal or it's no waste to update...? Please help, I got completely lost, really.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Follow this guide. It will help you to hack your 3ds. You're able to hack every 3ds device with every firmware. After you've installed your cfw, there is no reason why you shouldn't update it.

Reactions: Inai

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
As in the title. I've been researching the possibility of getting a custom soft on my old 3DS, checked the firmware and it's that. I've tried reading on it, but I got lost pretty soon. Some said its wonderful, some said it's too old to be hacked...
What is it, really? Do I have some kind of a Graal or it's no waste to update...? Please help, I got completely lost, really.
At one point 1.0.0 was undumped and so it was of special interest (since you can downgrade o3DS to any firmware you like, as long as there is a dump available), also it was of special interest due to un updated 3DSes sometimes having remains of Nintendo's secret sauce factory and dev tools that could sometimes be fully recovered. I believe it's been dumped since then though. But it's possible that your 1.0.0 console could have remains of some not-yet-seen secret tools, though unlikely.

You can hack 1.0.0, you just can't boot a hacked console on 1.0.0. :P

Anyway, probably no reason to keep it on 1.0.0. But if you have a DS flashcart compatible with ntrboot (list here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot) you can boot GodMode9 through it and dump the stock 1.0.0 NAND, before again using ntrboot but this time to install CFW. Someone may want to have a look through it to see if there's any factory stuff left on it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Itzumi and Inai

Inai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I admit it's taken me a while to understand what you wrote, but I think I get it xD Thank you very much! <3

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==