Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
How a Number Became the Latest Web Celebrity @ the NY Times said:
The campaign to remove the number from human eyes went largely unnoticed until news of the letters hit Digg.com, which features links and discussion of articles submitted by users. The 25-employee San Francisco-based company, acting on the advice of its lawyers, removed stories about the secret number from its database earlier this week, then explained its move to its readers on Tuesday afternoon.

The move was seen by many Digg users as a capitulation to corporate interests and an assault on their First Amendment rights.

On Tuesday afternoon and into the evening, stories with or about the code swamped Digg’s main page. At 9 p.m. West Coast time, the company surrendered.

“You’d rather see Digg go down fighting than bow down to a bigger company,” wrote Kevin Rose, Digg’s founder, in a blog post. “We hear you, and effective immediately we won’t delete stories or comments containing the code and will deal with whatever the consequences might be. If we lose, then what the hell, at least we died trying.”

Jay Adelson, Digg’s chief executive, said in an interview that the site was disregarding the advice of lawyers. “We just decided that it is more important to stand by our users.”

btw, testing area loves the double posts^^

Edit: Source
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.