0.1, 0.3b and SoftChip compatibility differences

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiPower, Nov 7, 2008.

1. WiiPower
    OP

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    With the latest bugfix around and the new loader there's now a lot of confusion around about which games now work and which do not work. I have to admit this is my fault too, with the whole ios278 stuff. I would like to concentrate all differences in compatibily in this thread if possible. Most interesting are games with glitches, bugs and crashs inside the game during gameplay and games working with the one loader, not working with the other at all

I think it is necessary to post exactly which loader is used and which cIOS it uses.
    I imagine something like this:

--------------------------------------------
    Disaster: Day of Crisis (PAL)

WiiGator 0.1 with cios_fix at 249: works, crash on stage 8 (decrypted)
    WiiGator 0.1 NCE with cios_fix at 249: works, no crash on stage 8 (decrypted)
    WiiGator 0.3b with non retry fix cIOS at 247: works, crash on stage 8 (decrypted&1:1)
    WiiGator 0.3b entryholder fix with non retry fix cIOS at 247: works, no crash on stage 8 (decrypted&1:1)
    SoftChip r13 with non retry fix cIOS at 247: works, no crash on stage 8 (1:1)
    --------------------------------------------

To get serveral loaders working at the same time, you could follow my guide:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112885

This way SoftChip needs to be modified to work with ios247 instead of ios249, this is really a small change, if you are able to compile it, you can change this.

One thing about SoftChip:
    Please don't ask for .dols or channels. If want it, try compiling it yourself, it's not that difficult and i think there people willing to help with this. The SoftChip thread is a good place for this.

DO NOT POST IF A GAME DOES NOT WORK AT ALL
    maybe it's a bad burn maybe not, but i want the differences in compattibility here

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Cool, thats a great idea. So how is the speed with SoftChip?

3. nicksasa

Member nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Belgium
    fast and the game also starts faster than wiigator 0.3 [​IMG]

4. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

So it works with cIOS249 right?

5. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    I couldn't notice a difference, but i have to add that my perception at this is affected by my opinion. I exected SoftChip to have the same speed as WiiGator 0.3b. When the game is running the loader is finished and does nothing since gamestart. I think speed is only a matter of the cIOS and dip.

PS: Maybe the loader itself starts faster, the loader gets faster to the point where the actual game loading starts.
    PPS: SoftChip uses ios249 by default

6. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    the only difference I got with 0.1 at 247, 0.3b at 249, and SoftChip at 249 is the boot up speed. SoftChip load faster. NTSC-U games tested: Fatal Frame 4, MP3:Corruption, Mobile Suit Gundam, Basara 2 Heroes.

7. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile

fixed?

8. WiiPower
    OP

Germany
    Yep, the Disaster stage 8 issue is fixed by requiem4d, he found the bug causing this.

I want to find out which issues are solved with this and which are unsolved. The "An error occured remove and ..." screen seems to be caused by the cIOS.

9. rko1000

Newcomer rko1000 Member

United Kingdom
    Smackdown vs Raw 2009 pal on a pal wii at 3.3e v1

WiiGator 0.1 with cios_fix at 247: disc error when entering ring (decrypted)
    WiiGator 0.1 NCE with cios_fix at 247: works, had 2 exhibiton matches and a royal rumble (decrypted)
    WiiGator 0.3b with non retry fix cIOS at 249: disc error when entering ring (decrypted&1:1)
    WiiGator 0.3b entryholder fix with non retry fix cIOS at 249: disc error when entering ring (decrypted&1:1)
    SoftChip r13 with non retry fix cIOS at 249: disc error when entering ring (1:1)

i wonder if any clever coders can figure out why it only works on only the nce loader at 247.

10. blinktoday

Newcomer blinktoday Advanced Member

Canada
    Can someone give me a link to the compiled softchip loader?

11. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
  12. WiiPower
    OP

Germany

That's really stange. At first i thought, you maybe didn't get a entryholder fix version of Wiigator 0.3b, but the "entryholder bug" isn't in SoftChip.

Any confirmation by anybody else would be good.

@rko1000:
    If you know how to do it, could you test cios_fix at ios249 with Waninkoko's loader and Wiigator 0.3 with and without fix with read retry fix cios at 249?

PS: Ok, it would be possible you are very confused by the ios247 and ios249 stuff and your loaders don't use the cios you say they use. Please don't feel affected, but a lot of people are confused by this stuff.