Hacking BatchDPG trouble

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 2,405
  • Replies 8
P

pasc

OP
First of, sorry for creating another pointless BatchDPG thread (especially after posting this before), but I really need help, since it seems I'm totally unable to get this to work.

I'll just quote myself

QUOTE said:
At any time when I convert this videos I get no errormessage, Batchdpg 1.60 (newest version by iAmGhost) just skips the audio, goes straight to the videoconversion, and after finishing that, gives me a error with "box time out in 30 seconds, check ....avs blabla".

My Question: What can I do to get these frickin videos encoded ? I tried numerous video codec packages (deinstalled the other ones first before installing a new one).

I tried KLite Codec Pack, XP Codec Pack, CCCP Codec Pack, ACE Mega Codec Pack etc.

the parameters g-spot delivers:

Video: Codec: DX50 Name: DivX 5.0.5
Audio: Codec/Name: 0x0055 MPEG-1 Layer

Any Ideas what codecs might help ?

I was able to encode these videos yesterday just fine, but then I deinstalled all codecs so I could use only CCCP, now I got nothing.

Thx in advance.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you properly (100%) clean your computer from any previous codecs you had, before you installed a new package?
Codecs might be conflicting somewhere and be causing your current problem.

P

pasc

OP
sure, I even used the Revo Uninstaller to clean paths and registry leftovers before installing any codec pack...

I think it might be that the codec packs I tried have not the codec I need... ?

Any Ideas which codec pack works 100% on almost any codec ?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, the codec packages you've mentioned. Should more or less have all the codecs you ever need.
I install everything separate, cause sometimes the codec packages are missing the latest update of one of their stuff.

You could try that if you want. But before doing that, try and uninstall your current avisynth. Then try using 2.5.7 instead, located here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...lease_id=366702

Stuff im using is:
ffdshow
avisynth 2.5.7
flvsplitter (for encoding youtube etc movies)
ac3filter
haali media splitter
vsfilter (for subs)
oggds (for encoding ogm videos)
mkvtoolnix (various tools for mkv videos, extract subs from them etc. Very useful if you watch alot of anime as .mkv format is common then)

If you google their name, you'll find accurate download pages for them pretty quickly.

P

pasc

OP
Wow ! Weird... I totally did what you said, and the normal Batchdpg v1.3 beta 4 works like a charm (the official dpgtools too, like supposed), but the unofficial doesn't no matter what, just skips audio conversion at the start of conversion process, continues with video and then stops.

I even tried out a flv from youtube with all the stuff you said installed, same as above.... man I'm outta ideas, I guess I have to send some ghost pm.

EDIT: Further Examination: Windows Mediaplayer plays the files fine, which means the codecs MUST work properly...

EDIT2: WOW ! HuGE THING ! I found out that it was no problem of codecs at ANY TIME ! I copied the whole folder to my desktop and now the thing runs like a charm (audio converts like yesterday, perfect).

so my advice, if you can't get this thing to run while having every of Killermechs recommended codecs installed, then just drop the whole folder of BatchDPG into your desktop (or try other folders) and try there.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad you managed to get it working Pasc
smile.gif

Here's a useful tip for mkv files (sub related) that I forgot to mention.
99% of the times, you can just configure Haali media splitter to show the proper subs without having to extract them with mkvtoolnix.
Just start Haali media splitter and go to options. I personally prefer to watch anime with their original voice and with english subs.
Go to 'Audio Language Priority' and in the value at the bottom.
Type in "jpn" without the quotations (or eng if you want english audio if available).
mkvzt0.jpg

Then go to 'Subtitle Language Priority and type in "eng" in the value box.

Now whenever you use batchdpg to encode an mkv file, you will have japanese language along with english subs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-