WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Today I bought a PAL Wii Fit game and balance board. It worked nice with the freeloader, it didn't ask for update because of freeloader. I tried to install the channel from the pal game. Since the channel should be handy if you don't want to play with it but just want to weigh and record it. It gracefully installs the channel but the installed channel just gets angry with my wii's NTSC region. I don't want to use the NTSC version of the software since it's trivial for me because either I'll miss the english language or the metric system.

Any way to make it work? Ripping the channel and taking it through the freethewads should help I think but I've not seen the rip anywhere. Maybe people didn't need it. And could the channel installed from the NTSC disc work ? (with metric system and English of course)

ps1: Why the hell I bought the PAL version instead of NTSC just because here they don't sell the NTSC one yet.
ps2: Salesman was funny, when he was talking about the pricing he told that with installments it was very cheap (219 YTL=~176USD), after the campaign, said it will be around 290 YTL. I was shocked knowing the official price for it was just 199 YTL in cash and said that. And he tried to support his false claim with false facts, he said that wii sports came with 5 games and this was with 60 games
smile.gif
I didn't bothered to explain it just said this comes with a single dvd, yet I have plenty game dvds at home. Much to his surprise he cut my way and asked "Chips for wii out?". He was one of those that buys the machine and just do with the wii sports included in it. Then asked me where he can get his wii chipped.
ps3: This all happening in a country's biggest bookstore in a nice shopping center, a country where the minimum wage accepted by the government is 3 original wii games (no Turkish support in both hardware any software by the way).

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
It sucks for really not getting a single response for this.

Anyways I'll try myself, I'll try to patch translate the messages in the game too. Here is the current progress (this one with the NTSC version)
1. Extracted the HealthNandPackUP.wad
2. 00000002.app contains a U8 archive, extracted it
3. It contains tpl, carc and brsar files.
4. Game messages in the message.carc (yaz0 archive), extracted it.
5. Extracted is a message.carc 0.rarc (u8 archive) extracted it.
6. Comes out, common_message.bmg and health_message.bmg files
7. health_message.bmg contains game messages as unicode, but there is a heading section where there may be some kind of checksum though it seems much like a index of contents thing....

If I can do the patching safely then I guess I can return back to the step#1 packing things back.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Haven't tried Brickblocked & region friied PAL yet but the original disc works with the freeloader. Yet the channel installed from that disc doesn't work. Installing the ntsc version of the channel could mess things up so didn't tried that too. Maybe I should have a go at that though I'm pretty sure I'll end up with the lbs stuff.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
i think installing the NTSC version wont work.. It has to read the save, and if you have a PAL save, then it mightnt work :\

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue in reverse:
Sorry for dragging up a thread from over a year ago, but it seems noone has solved this yet, or at least they haven't shared their success!

I have a 4.1E Wii and NTSC Wii Fit. With preloader 0.29 and region free channels set.
The Wii Fit channel installs fine, but when I run it I just get a black screen.

So far the only way I've managed to get it to run is to use waninkoko nandloader injector. Unfortunately when it runs the date is wrong, it always thinks it's 1/1/2000.

Waninkoko's nandloader works with default settings, or NSTC, or HDTV. It gives a green screen if I force PAL 50 or PAL 60.

I've tried a few other things, all give a black screen:
1. using 00000001.app from the PAL channel
2. using Generic Wii Patcher to force the video mode of 01.app to PAL
3. using Generic Wii Patcher to force the video mode of 01.app to NTSC
4. same as above on 05.app and 01.app

Note: To be able to successfully unpack and pack the wad I had to install the channel on my Wii and then use waninkoko's wad creator v1 to create a wad from the nand. When I tried to unpack the wad extracted from the iso it gave me an unknown header error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this channel working please?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the swift response. I also want to use the NTSC versions, but I have a PAL wii.

I've created a USB Loader Channel for the NTSC version and that works fine.

However I don't always want to turn on my USB hard drive, so I was hoping to the able to use the NTSC Wii Fit Channel too.

My Wii is PAL and the the NTSC Wii Fit Channel doesn't work - it just gives a black screen. (PAL Wii Fit channel is fine).

I experimented a litte more and figured out that 05.app is the nandloader in the wii fit channel. I swapped this for waninkoko's nand loader and repacked it and the channel loads fine, however it always thinks it's 1/1/2000. (This is the same result as using the waninkoko nand injector described above, but this way I know what's happening to the files).

I'd still like to get the NTSC Wii Fit Channel working on my PAL Wii if anyone has any ideas.

P.S. One thing I have against the USB Channels is that they all seem to crash if the USB drive is not plugged in and turned on. I've tried all of the loaders in Crap. Any ideas on that one?

There was a date bug in USB loader 1.0, this was fixed in 1.1. I think the code fix was all in disc.c:

Code:
void __Disc_SetTime(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Extern */
ÂÂÂÂextern void settime(long long);

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set proper time */
ÂÂÂÂsettime(secs_to_ticks(time(NULL) - 946684800));
}

Code:
s32 Disc_BootPartition(u64 offset)
{
ÂÂÂÂ[...other stuff...]

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set time */
ÂÂÂÂ__Disc_SetTime();

ÂÂÂÂ[...other stuff...]
}

but I could be wrong. Would it be easy enough to slot this or similar into the nand loader code? I wouldn't know where to put it though.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIXED!

Details are below, but if you just want the modified code and nandloader then it's here. The nand loader is in the bin folder and is called 00000005.app.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ixzn2mnniz2/nand-loader_1t.rar

Warning 1: Copy your WiiFit save to an SD card and keep it safe! Otherwise you risk losing your data.
Warning 2: Make sure you are brick protected before starting this

Instructions for anyone else wishing to do this...

Download the nand loader v1 code from waninkoko's github (google: waninkoko github)

Make the following edits
(Note, these edits are taken from USB Loader 1.1, since USB Loader 1.0 had the same date bug. So this is still Wanin's code, just integrated into the Nand Loader as well!):
CODE[MAKEFILE]

Remove line 5: DEVKITPROÂÂÂÂ=ÂÂÂÂ/opt/devkitPPC
Remove line 6: DEVKITPPCÂÂÂÂ=ÂÂÂÂ/opt/devkitPPC

[loader.c]

Add below line 3:
=================
#include

Add below line 120:
===================
void __Disc_SetTime(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Extern */
ÂÂÂÂextern void settime(u64);

ÂÂÂÂ/* Set proper time */
ÂÂÂÂsettime(secs_to_ticks(time(NULL) - 946684800));
}

Add below line 244:
===================
ÂÂÂÂ/* Set time */
ÂÂÂÂ__Disc_SetTime();

It will make a .bin file, this is the nand loader. Rename this to 00000005.app

Now, install the original Wii Fit Channel on your wii from the disc
Use Waninkoko's WAD Creator to create a wad of the Wii Fit Channel (this will be saved on the root of your SD card as WiiFit.wad
Now use wwPacker 1.84 (google is your friend) to upack your new WiiFit.wad (drag WiiFit.wad onto __wwunpacker.bat)
Delete the existing 00000005.app from the unpack folder
Put in your new one in its place
Now drag the upacked folder onto __wwpacker-nomod.bat
This will create WiiFit [nomod].wad

Install WiiFit [nomod].wad on your Wii
Copy your savefile back from the SD card onto the wii.

Start the channel.

If you have any problems you can try different video options. Just hold down reset just after you press start on the channel

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone is wondering...

This method does NOT work on Wii Fit Plus.

Even with Waninkoko's Nand Loader you get a black screen.

If you hold reset to go to the configuration menu of the nand loader then it comes up and you can change options, but as soon as you try to continue it code dumps.

Shame.

Could this be intentional by Ninty? To block the use of custom Nand Loaders?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you simply use Waninkoko's Wad Creator, rip the channel to wad on the SD, then run it through freethewads?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
Can't you simply use Waninkoko's Wad Creator, rip the channel to wad on the SD, then run it through freethewads?
Strangely not, still gives a black screen. I've also tried generic wii patcher to bugger about with the video mode of modes of both 01.app and 05.app. I've tried forcing PAL, and forcing NTSC. No Joy.

I'll have to keep searching for a method to use the NTSC Wii Fit Plus Channel on a PAL Wii. If anyone has any ideas please share them here!

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of progress today...

For Wii Fit Plus it appears that 01.app is compressed. This is an issue with later VC games, so the solution is already built into wwPacker 1.84.

1) Put my modified waninkoko nand loader into the wwPacker 1.84 folder, and rename it to loader.bin
2) Install the Wii Fit Plus Channel onto you Wii
3) Use Waninkoko's WAD Creator to dump the WAD back onto your SD card (if you use the original WAD you'll get an unknown header 000000 error from wadunpacker.
4) Drag this extracted WAD onto __wwunpacker.bat
5) Drag the extracted folder onto _wwpacker-Loader.bat (doesn't seem to matter on the options becuase it doesn't find 001 or 002)

However, now I get the blue screen Error #002 when loading the wad.

Any ideas?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit more progress thanks to stev418 and the triiforce team.

Adding the following code to loader.c under "void __Loader_SetLowMem(void)" fixes the 002 error:

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Remove 002 error
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*(u16 *)0x80003140 = 0x0035;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*(u16 *)0x80003142 = 0xffff;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*(u16 *)0x80003188 = 0x0035;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ*(u16 *)0x8000318A = 0xffff;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDCFlushRange((void*)0x80003140, 4);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDCFlushRange((void*)0x80003188, 4);
The Triiforce team have coded it so that it gets the IOS from the dol using requested_ios, but here it's hardcoded for simplicity. 0x0035 = IOS 53 (hex vs dec) as used by the original channel

This modification gets it past the 002 error.

However if there's a gamesave it will black screen.
If there's no gamesave then it will behave as expected and tell you there's no game save and it returns to the system menu.

Annoying!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*