PS1/2 When did PS2 emulation get so good?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The last time I checked (Which is, I'll admit, over a year and a half ago) playing PS2 games at speed was impossible!

Now with PCSX2 9.5 and GsDX 1.7, a fast PC can play a crap load of games? I have RE4 running at 50FPS with no graphical glitches! Shmups like Raidum and R-Type run perfectly!

Can any of you confirm which games actually work on an X2 3800+? Wipeout Fusion runs at 15FPS ("playable", but when 5 real seconds = 1 game second, it isn't.) and GTA Vice City Stories runs at 20 (1/3 speed)

For PS2 emulation you need this
http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-questio...z-releases.html
and this http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-questio...97657-gsdx.html
and the PS2 BIOS,
and this http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
If only Tales of the Abyss worked well...

That is playable according to the newest compatibility list, I haven't tried it. Games run best on C2D and GSDX 1.7 with SSSE3 enabled.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
offtopic84 said:
You need at least a dual core proc (Higher end X2, C3D) and 7000/1900 series card to run any game well.
C3D!!! CORE 3 DUO? I'LL NEED TO SELL MY CORE 2 DUO AND GRAB ONE OF THESE IMMEDIATELY.
unsure.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
offtopic84 said:
Linkiboy said:

That is playable according to the newest compatibility list, I haven't tried it. Games run best on C2D and GSDX 1.7 with SSSE3 enabled.
It works, but sound sucks so bad my ears bleed, and its an RPG so sound sets mood for the scenes.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
offtopic84 said:
Linkiboy said:

It works, but sound sucks so bad my ears bleed, and its an RPG so sound sets mood for the scenes.

Which plugins have you tried for sound, and which options for said plugins?

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, I'm really interested in hearing more about this. I was just looking at possible softmods for my PS2 (I'm really, really broke for money atm) but if emulation has picked up, I'll have to try it out.

I have a E2180, 8800GT 512mb and 2gig of RAM. Should be beefy enough
tongue.gif

Mind sharing all the stuff you're using with me? xD

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I think the graphic card you have plays a major role in emulation now days. Even back in PSX emulation, it was more depended on the graphics cards. I think with Geforce 11 and Core 4 Duo, we should emulate games for PS2 perfectly.

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I downloaded all the necessary stuff for this emulator to work. Just waiting for a game... You know ;D

Hopefully it works fine! If not, I'm going to look into softmodding my phat PS2.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. never new PS2 existed. I'm so outdated when it comes to Sony. I think I have a decent computer to run the PS2 emulator.
ohmy.gif

Hopefully I'll get to play Disgaea series. Probably some of the Final Fantasy series as well since I missed all of the ones that were on PS2. And Kingdom Hearts, despite having a Kingdom Hearts sig and ava.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to run a game, it shows the ZeroOS screen and then a black screeen and stays there! I know its still doing something because it says fps 170 and keeps around that number... How do you guys get it up and running?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.