PS1/2 When did PS2 emulation get so good?

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
Westside said:
Apexx said:
The new Black Macbooks have astounding processing speeds (2.4) and 2gb of ram. Assuming I am using Boot camp to natively run Windows XP (Not emulated, so not slowed down.), do you think it would be possible to run either of the Ps2 emulators at decent speeds? (I know very little about the Macbooks graphics card.)
First off all, the fact that you are using bootcamp will slow it down alot. Mac does have superior CPU, but PS2 emulation will be heavily graphic card based, which x86 machine is better at.

He, all the Intelmachines are X86 based. PowerPC was dumped in a long time ago. The 950 GMA however sucks balls, you can barely run semi recent games. Awesome for HD Decoding though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSE7g0BhY-E Is and old video i made, should showcase the "power" of the machine.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Bi99uy said:
Westside said:
Apexx said:
The new Black Macbooks have astounding processing speeds (2.4) and 2gb of ram. Assuming I am using Boot camp to natively run Windows XP (Not emulated, so not slowed down.), do you think it would be possible to run either of the Ps2 emulators at decent speeds? (I know very little about the Macbooks graphics card.)
First off all, the fact that you are using bootcamp will slow it down alot. Mac does have superior CPU, but PS2 emulation will be heavily graphic card based, which x86 machine is better at.

He, all the Intelmachines are X86 based. PowerPC was dumped in a long time ago. The 950 GMA however sucks balls, you can barely run semi recent games. Awesome for HD Decoding though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSE7g0BhY-E Is and old video i made, should showcase the "power" of the machine.
Amen. I'm still devastated that Portal doesn't work. I can't wait to upgrade. (it's a desktop, so I can right?)

Lucatarik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I'll wait another year to play ps2 games on my laptop (P4 3 Ghz HT, 512 mb ram, ati 9600 pro 128 mb)
and another six months to play them on my desktop pc (P4 3,2 Ghz HT 64 bit, 2 GB Ram Ati X1950 PRO 512 mb).
Till there I will continue to play my ps2 games with my ps2 console iihihhiihihhi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone