• Total voters

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you think the best DS Flash-Card is?

Here is a list of Cards to help make your decision:
yaynds.gif

M3DS-Real
G6DS-Real
CycloDS Evolution
R4DS
DSTT
AceKard R.P.G
G6-Lite
SuperCard DSone
M3DS-Simply
M3-Lite
DS-X
Passcard-3 with a GBA Flash-Card

nds.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclo is easily the best in the list. SDHC support, 100% download play and game compatibility, the team actually listens and responds to their users very frequently, and awesome special features are in it, and with RTS in beta.

The runner up is SCDSONE SDHC. Amazing features, much cheaper than Cyclo, and the team has updates quite often. It's the first cart to have a 'near perfect' RTS.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CycloDS Evolution is by far the best in my opinion. It has what none of the other carts have, what I like to call polish. Everything is finished off nicely, professionally, there are no bugs and the few that do appear are fixed very quickly. The team are active, responsive and have active English forums.

You won't regret buying one.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CycloDS Evolution is by far the best in my opinion. It has what none of the other carts have, what I like to call polish. Everything is finished off nicely, professionally, there are no bugs and the few that do appear are fixed very quickly. The team are active, responsive and have active English forums.

You won't regret buying one.
I'd have to go with Sinkhead on this one. Spot on!

Though I am using my Acekard RPG more than the Cyclo simply because I find it easier to transfer using USB for testing homebrew and games.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It depends mainly on the user's needs, which determines the choice in categories such as price and support, if you wanted good support for compatibility as well as help and updates without too much regard for the price the CycloDS is probably a good choice.

If you want something that can play a few games without wanting too much features but want it to be cheap you might want a DSTT or an R4 for example.

there are no bugs
the few that do appear are fixed very quickly.

dry.gif
rolleyes.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cyclods is an amazing cart except for the 30 some % failure rate lately, but i would still choose an acekard rpg over it any day, and i have done so...

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cyclods is an amazing cart except for the 30 some % failure rate lately, but i would still choose an acekard rpg over it any day, and i have done so...

The new hardware version they introduced in December doesn't have a 30% failure rate. The old models sure that might be a fair number. The new ones though failure is pretty much non existant.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since I only actually own a Cyclo DS Evolution (still waiting for my replacement, which was held up by the lunar new year) and a SCDS1 SDHC, I went with the Evolution as the GUI was faster, and it loaded ROMs/apps more quickly.

The SCDS1 SDHC is a close second place finisher as it also support realtime saves, AND (my favorite) soft-reset from just about all homebrew as well as ROMs. Major drawback being that it's a bit slower GUIwise and loading ROMs/apps, as well as using a database for save sizes. Also, a few games will ONLY work in "clean" mode(no patches) which means that it'll use the PSRAM to save games which will then be copied to the uSD when next reset or powered on.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
SC DS ONE SDHC OF COURSE!
smile.gif

Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that was accused (Year 2005 and before) for using External Memory (Memory Card) and today ALL are doing the same.
Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that updates its software for all the Cards frequently and they are durable for enough time. Rarely you meet new games that cannot be played. It has been a long time since the last that couldn't and it was fixed very soon.
Lastly, Supercard is would be the Flashcart Company that may introduce new software that adds something more to the game. Remember RealTimeSave on 05/12/2007 - 1st of all companies.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Until Team Cyclops updates their $#%# firmware, I'm not recommending the CycloDS Evo.

The biggest features of the cart DON'T WORK on at least two newer releases. I can't vouch for any other games, but I can say for certain that the in-game-reset menu (with real-time save) cannot be accessed in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Professor Layton and the Bi-Curious Village.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't know if it's the best..But I'm a M3 user for a long time, and if you're satisfied with 2 GB of space, and want a fast card with nice GUI, for playing NDS games and some homebrew, M3 Simply or R4 are the best you could find..
As for SDHC support (over 2 GB of space) and GBA compatibility (via slot 2 expansion), I'm using M3 Real. People are saying that there are some better cards, but I can only say that I'm completely satisfied with the Real, M3 Team is great, and I'm sticking with them..

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well, since I only actually own a Cyclo DS Evolution (still waiting for my replacement, which was held up by the lunar new year) and a SCDS1 SDHC, I went with the Evolution as the GUI was faster, and it loaded ROMs/apps more quickly.

The SCDS1 SDHC is a close second place finisher as it also support realtime saves, AND (my favorite) soft-reset from just about all homebrew as well as ROMs.  Major drawback being that it's a bit slower GUIwise and loading ROMs/apps, as well as using a database for save sizes.  Also, a few games will ONLY work in "clean" mode(no patches) which means that it'll use the PSRAM to save games which will then be copied to the uSD when next reset or powered on.

Have you tried just turning off just the 'soft reset' for those few roms that don't work in 'enhanced/patch' mode ? that usually does the trick. Or once you have a save made in 'clean mode' and had at least one save to it, then the rom can use the enhanced mode.

George290506SC DS ONE SDHC OF COURSE! 

Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that was accused (Year 2005 and before) for using External Memory (Memory Card) and today ALL are doing the same.
Supercard is the only Flashcart Company that updates its software for all the Cards frequently and they are durable for enough time. Rarely you meet new games that cannot be played. It has been a long time since the last that couldn't and it was fixed very soon.
Lastly, Supercard is would be the Flashcart Company that may introduce new software that adds something more to the game. Remember RealTimeSave on 05/12/2007 - 1st of all companies.

I couldn't agree more, the support from SC is pretty phenominal... I still use a SC-CF in the old Phattie and it performs excently (@100% DS compatabilty inc the vanias) still all these years on.

You can be sure the that the SCDS-1 will keep improving for a while yet. (they should drop the moonshell interface though... edit IMO)

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously the best flashcart out there has to be the DS-X. It has the best compatibility and team support (Oh wait...)

My vote goes to the CycloDS Evolution, I would pick SCDS1 as a close second.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The SCDS1 SDHC is a close second place finisher as it also support realtime saves, AND (my favorite) soft-reset from just about all homebrew as well as ROMs. Major drawback being that it's a bit slower GUIwise and loading ROMs/apps, as well as using a database for save sizes. Also, a few games will ONLY work in "clean" mode(no patches) which means that it'll use the PSRAM to save games which will then be copied to the uSD when next reset or powered on.

Have you tried just turning off just the 'soft reset' for those few roms that don't work in 'enhanced/patch' mode ? that usually does the trick. Or once you have a save made in 'clean mode' and had at least one save to it, then the rom can use the enhanced mode.
Yes. The problematic ROMs, one of which is Puzzle Quest US version, will ONLY work correctly IF all patching is disabled. I tried all of the combinations before just disabling patching for it altogether, and there is already a thread(several now) about it on the official forums. I can't remember what the other problem ROMs were offhand, but IIRC they also had threads on the official forum(compatibility forum, and someone started another one in the help forum the other week).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021