Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So a while ago I asked about the D2CKey and arctic_flame directed me to the Infectus forum. Apparently they are pretty much finished with their product and some websites are already selling these chips. But they are also going to sell the Infectus chip that is already installed with Wii software and they're calling it Argon. So that means D2CKey isn't the only D2C modchip anymore. Are any other D2C Wii owners interested in this? It has 13 wires, so that seems alot better for people who have never modded before. Plus it's updateable.
smile.gif

Argon announced

QUOTE said:
Dear customers,
BIG news about infectus on WII D2C, the new WII firmware that work great on ALL CURRENT INFECTUS is ready and allow to install the modchip with only 13 wires on the D2C WII consoles.
ALL WHO HAVE IN THE HANDS INFECTUS CAN INSTALL IT WITH A SIMPLE UPGRADE OF FIRMWARE BY PROGRAMMER INFECTUS SOFTWARE!!!

When the firmware for INFECTUS will be available online?
The same day when ARGON WII will be released.

What is ARGON?
ARGON is the new MODCHIP made form INFECTUS TEAM that work ONLY on WII D2C CONSOLES, this modchip is the direct competitor of D2CKEY modchip.
All the features are the same of D2CKEY, but this modchip will be UPDATABLE!

How work update of this modchip?
ARGON have on PCB a little connector with a flat cable that the user can install outside console. When is necessary an UPDATE all who have an INFECTUS or in the future with a little esterna programmer all can reprogramm their modchips.
SO BIG ADVANTAGE OF "ARGON" IS NOT ONLY THE 13 WIRES BUT THE POSSIBILITY OF UPGRADE!

How much cost an ARGON WII modchip?
The price will be about 1 eur more than D2CKEY PRICE RANGE

When will be available?
The production is setup in the next 10 days, all first 3000 pcs. stock will be available in 15 days max.
We was unlucky because ACTEL was in SHORTAGE of ACTEL IC that we need, so only 3000 pcs. will be available.

WHEN WILL START PREORDERS?
In few days, after we recieve and test new PCB of ARGON and all is perfect we will POST THE NEWS AND ALL CUSTOMERS CAN ASK US PREORDERS.

There is a picture of this new modchip?
Here the GERBER FILES preview, in few days samples preview ready

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
13 wires plus being upgradeable probably makes this the chip to get for d2c owners. As long as the ability to upgrade is made easy, I don't see why anyone would choose a D2CKey over this

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this 'near future' anouncement is going to be very soon!
It has been 12 days since the news was postedon the Infectus site

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No multiregion
wtf.gif
, that's a bit of con , they show on feature list partial region support , like all the other chips , yet it has none. They just say on forums , not implemented yet , but working on it.

That's well dodgy , saying you have something when you do not.

I suppose the region patchers could take care of it , like they did on the older chips that didn't have built in region patching , but it's still not right
frown.gif

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
13 wires plus being upgradeable probably makes this the chip to get for d2c owners. As long as the ability to upgrade is made easy, I don't see why anyone would choose a D2CKey over this
Because the D2CKey is tried and true and nobody knows what problems are going to come with the Argon. That and the soldering isnt that different between the two... The number of times you have to solder wires is not the hard part. If you cant solder good its only a few more minutes. Lastly, the D2CKey is out NOW and some people wont want to wait anymore. I know I wouldnt.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah thats what I read on the infectus forums myself. I was going to order one for a friends wii, but he definatly wants multiregional support.

If argon doesnt have this feature by feb, he is gonna go d2ckey. Ive been practicing with all my new gear and i dont think ill have any probs.

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was gonna get my Wii chipped yesterday, but I don't want no half assed chip. For now I guess the best thing is to wait for further updates or just go ahead and get a D2CKey. I'm going to further wait and hope they get their act together fast.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You right about the argon chip, its just not finished yet.

I've modded my wii with d2ckey and all work well, usa games work fine on my pal console, and no crashes at all.
And with the flexpcb its really not that hard anymore to install the chip
biggrin.gif

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm that! However the Argon is released now I have decided a week ago to use the D2Ckey. The reason is that the D2Ckey has proven itself, work with 99% of the Wii games, and it has survived all of the Nintendo updates and tricks! I'm playing PAL, NTSC games without problems now, and I am happy that I did not wait for the Argon chip.

I also had a discussion with an official Argon & D2Ckey dealer in Holland, and even he was doubting whether the D2Ckey would actually need an update in the future, since it works totally different than the Argon.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how do you know so sure? there are solder points at the underside of the d2ckey chip. It's possible that these are for updates, if it's ever needed of course.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ lenselijer

D2Ckey team has comeup with a new chip (D2PRO) which is updatable and only 15 wires. So that means they will not put any time in de D2Ckey anymore
smile.gif

However, the reason they created a new chip is NOT because the D2Ckey sucks, the only reason is that the image of the D2Ckey is 'a difficult to install, old chip'... and that's the reason is does not sell anymore. So in order to make some money they created a new chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: