Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mii-2.png

A new channel has been released today on NA. This channel consists on browsing Miis that were uploaded by other gamers and even download them to your console. There's also a Contest Mode where people can upload their Miis (Real or Fictional characters) and then have everyone to vote on the best. This channel can be downloaded from the WiiWare section on the Virtual Console Channel and no release date has been given to Europe or Japan consoles.

QUOTE said:
REDMOND, Wash., Nov. 8, 2007 – It’s no secret that fans of Nintendo’s Wii™ system love their Mii™ characters – those adorably cartoonish caricatures of friends and family members that can be used in games like Wii Sports™. Some of the more artistic fans have even taken it upon themselves to make Miis of celebrities, politicians and fictional characters. Nintendo supports consumers’ creative spirit with the Nov. 11 evening launch of the Check Mii Out Channel. This free new channel can be downloaded from the WiiWare™ section of the Wii Shop Channel by people who have their Wii systems connected to the Internet.

“The Check Mii Out Channel lets people show off their Mii creations and vote on those created by others,” says George Harrison, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. “It’s yet another way that we’re building fun, interactive communities of Wii owners without charging them extra for the privilege.”

In the Posting Plaza, users can submit, exchange or just browse Miis posted by others in their region or worldwide. The channel offers the ability to look at a random selection of 1,000 Miis or to see just the current or all-time favorites. Players have a variety of ways to search for specific Miis, including by the name of its creator or by a number specific to each Mii. Once users have found that “special Mii,” they can even tag their favorites or import them to their own Wii systems.

The contest section of the Check Mii Out Channel challenges users to submit Mii creations to represent a specific person, character or theme. These could include historical figures (Abraham Lincoln or Vincent Van Gogh), fictional characters (the Tooth Fairy or the New Year’s Baby) or descriptive themes (”the biggest bully ever” or “the overbearing boss”). Users can then vote on Miis submitted by others to determine the Mii that best fits the challenge. Each contest will generally last two weeks: one for creating and submitting Miis, and the second week for people to vote on the results.

The Check Mii Out Channel is the latest addition to other fun, interactive informational channels, such as the News Channel, Everybody Votes Channel and Forecast Channel. Remember that Wii features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other Wii features, visit Wii.com

Sounds Interesting
yaywii.gif

Source

Edit -fixed Source link. Sorry...

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We have it here in Mexico since Dawn... after seeing this I wonder if the Miis will have a machinima someday?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
people in the UK have yet to receive this channel, god knows when that will happen.

People in the US have yet to receive it as well. Did you read the article?

Huh? Well, I for one did, and I saw this:
QUOTE(JPH @ Nov 11 2007, 07:18 PM)
mii-2.png

A new channel has been released today on NA. This channel consists on browsing Miis that were uploaded by other gamers and even download them to your console. There's also a Contest Mode where people can upload their Miis (Real or Fictional characters) and then have everyone to vote on the best. This channel can be downloaded from the WiiWare section on the Virtual Console Channel and no release date has been given to Europe or Japan consoles.
It's clearly written three: A new channel has been released today.

primeboss

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We have it here in Mexico since Dawn... after seeing this I wonder if the Miis will have a machinima someday?

lucky. I live in virginia and it is 3:37 and we still dont got it. Also i would love to have a machinman also. It would be cool if u can upload ur own seneries with sd card.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder why it's not a worldwide release. All the other channels have been worldwide aside from the metroid preview thing (I don't consider it a 'channel').

I wanted some crazy Mii action. Hurray up Nintendo Australia. I'm looking at you.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

It's clearly written three: A new channel has been released today.

strange, i thought the japanese would get highest priority over all regions.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i've just got some good news, the UK should be getting the channel on the 12th nov 2007 (meaning today UK time) i'm guessing it will be up in the morning, not right now though.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/n...tGPcxaA4LHnRg_9

i'm pretty surprised they we even got it today, i thought we would at least wait half a year before we even got a release date lol

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I just got it! Checking it out now...

The design and font and colors of the channel look ghey. Now they are asking me to pick out my Mii Artisan (my Mii and my nickname).

The current Mii Contest is Mario without his hat. So get to work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn