Hacking R4DS + 3in1 typical noob question

Parabol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my R4DS and 3in1 last week. I'm having no trouble with the R4, but I'm having the typical pokemon related noob issues with the 3in1. I've tried using ndstation and rudolfs tools with and without patching from gbata for both leaf green and sapphire. But no matter what I do I get the "save file is corrupt" message. From what I've read I don't want to start playing if the save file is corrupt, as I could lose my save file if I get to the elite 4.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe you should try patching it with th EZ 4 client.
i think that pokemon has 1mbit saves and those dont work with GBATA

also, you have to load the game to NOR if thats the case

Parabol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried GBATA. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you use the EZClient software, it's very confusing.
Cheers

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use gbata for Sleep/Wake and Clock Fix patches and EZ4_Client for save patch.
Everything works except that the clock only runs during game playtime so berries grow VERRRRY SLOWLY.

If you use an un-patched rom file for VBA, you can even transfer the 128KB save back and forth between the 3in1 and VBA so you can cheat to get all the berries, masterballs and rare candies you want.

I have done this sucessfully with Ruby, but I cannot get "Emerald 386" (a hack) to take the clock fix patch.
Luckily, "Diamond 493" ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=598 ) works perfectly on the r4 and even takes Diamond cheat codes.
lecture.gif
grog.gif

edit: You MUST use NOR mode for Pokemon.
I use Rudolph's 3in1_ExpPack_Tool.nds on the R4 to transfer .gba files and .sav files.
lecture.gif
grog.gif

Parabol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I use gbata for Sleep/Wake and Clock Fix patches and EZ4_Client for save patch.

Ok cool, I'll try that. I had a quick look at EZ4_Client this morning, but I couldn't see where the patching tools were. Just to make sure, is this the right tool? EZ4Client

Cheers

Parabol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that, you help is much appreciated. I had the wrong version of EZ Client, so I couldn't patch the roms properly.
Cheers
grog.gif
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...