Best newsgroup?

jimmyjam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i'm looking at joining a newsgroup mainly for downloading various things. Tv shows, games, etc... What is a good one to join? I've heard good things about Giganews.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giganews is the best one, they charge you for it though. I'm on newsdemon its got 80 days retention (Thats how long they keep the files for) but all the newsgroups arn't on it, only the popular ones. I can get everything I want off it and it costs me £6.50 a month.

sadboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two premium usenet servers that I've been happy with are Easynews and Newshosting. I'm with Newshosting now, with unlimited downloads. Both have good retention and completion.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use http://ngroups.net for newsgroup access and im a member of many sites that list the .nzb files
biggrin.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
usenetserver.com FTW!

101 day retention, $15 a month, $40 for 3 months, or just try it for 3 days for $3. it's fast, too!

I was using usenetserver last year. I can remember they had a server problem and all the retention was wiped. Well it might as well have been as most of the files had too many errors to repair. I soon changed to another usenet provider.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
usenetserver.com FTW!

101 day retention, $15 a month, $40 for 3 months, or just try it for 3 days for $3. it's fast, too!

I was using usenetserver last year. I can remember they had a server problem and all the retention was wiped. Well it might as well have been as most of the files had too many errors to repair. I soon changed to another usenet provider.

you didn't download the par2 files and rebuild them?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
usenetserver.com FTW!

101 day retention, $15 a month, $40 for 3 months, or just try it for 3 days for $3.  it's fast, too!

you didn't download the par2 files and rebuild them?

I did, as I mentioned they had too many errors to repair. Even with the par files downloaded their wasn't enough blocks to repair them. It doesn't help when the par files are also damaged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1