Gaming Does PBR work with D/P from a flash cart?

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Battle Revolution???? That is a real good question, if it's anything like the N64 Version where you connect the cartridge to a slot to be read, i'm going to guess no. But if it is that Infrastructure connectivity between Wii and DS, i'm going to guess yes
smile.gif

We'll need someone with Japanese profiency to answer that as they have the available resources...

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Not true, I asked this question a long time ago in the Wii hacking forum. I tried connecting my slot2(m3cf) Pearl to it with no luck. It says there's a game missing in the DS slot. It would be nice if some slot1 users could post.

*Here's to hoping I can transfer my (J) save over to the english version when it releases.

Faytz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not possible, I read somewhere that you need to go to "download play" on your ds.. which is impossible with a flashcart since it auto boots. I also heard it's possible to transfer a flashcart save file to the game itself... so you can probably still play on flashcart.. and when the price on teh game is lowered... you can get the game and just import the save file from flashcart to the game itself

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
For PBR:
Go to send over DS pokemon or DS battle mode in PBR.
It'll then send out a wifi signal.
Then go to main screen on your DS(where you select to continue the adventure)
In the bottom there will be two new options...however, as already stated it won't work.

I don't know if its because I have a slot2 device. If someone with slot1 could test it would be helpful.

Ruben3600

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to transfer my pokemon using my R4, Supercard mini SD and supercard lite. Non of which worked. I also tried using the english version on my R4 but the wii won't recognize the game.

shaffaaf27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not true, I asked this question a long time ago in the Wii hacking forum. I tried connecting my slot2(m3cf) Pearl to it with no luck. It says there's a game missing in the DS slot. It would be nice if some slot1 users could post.

*Here's to hoping I can transfer my (J) save over to the english version when it releases.

on my ez4lite, i have used my (J) diamond save on the (U) ROM

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
It's not possible. PBR send a Download Play application via WiFi to the DS and it reads the SLOT-1's header and FLASH. Because flash-cards don't work that way, we're out of luck.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJa7PpRZfqw

Look hes starting the normal game and the thing just popped up.
No download play!

*Edit* The Diamond And Pearl Menu tests if a certan signal is in the air.
I tried with my orginal legit Pokemon Ranger game and it transferd manaphy without any problems.
So we have got luck it will work
smile.gif

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
From My Tests
Transfer Between PBR J and D/P J = Possible
Transfer Between PBR J and D/P U/E = Impossible
Transfer Between PBR J and Slot -2 Carts D/P J = Impossible
Transfer Bewtween PBR J and Slot -2 Carts D/P U/E = Impossible

This should be the same way with the U/E versions of PBR.
I am still hoping that slot -1 carts work with the same region version for the people that sucked and were too lazy to actually buy the real games.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I doubt it will work. From what I've heard, PBR actually requests the whole save file to be read from Flash and sent to the Wii. I think it will say "error" when it can't find any 4M flash save.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt it will work. From what I've heard, PBR actually requests the whole save file to be read from Flash and sent to the Wii. I think it will say "error" when it can't find any 4M flash save.

so one should mention this problem to the m3/R4 team so maybe they could release a update so we can transfer our pokemanz
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.