leoedin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys

My Simply arrived this morning, but no CD did. Does anyone have the firmware, and are you able to upload it to a website or whatever?

Thanks in advance...

Leo
biggrin.gif
bow.gif

Edit: Its OK, I got it
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from where if u don't mind me asking. my m3 is scheduled to arrive today and i want to make sure i have the latest firmware available.

blackjaguar355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're talking about firmware, Do you guys think that the firmware for the M3 Simply could be used in other M3 models?

PS:I like the new firmware because the Main Menu looks cleaner and not as busy as former one.

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so on the main menu multimedia is linked to the built in moonshell. i got rid of moonshell considering i never use it. is there any way to edit the _DS_MENU.DAT file so that i can either

remove the multimedia link to moonshell entirely
replace the icon with another and install a link to one of my favorite homebrew apps from the main menu such as

beup
dsOrganize

very impressed with my m3. wanted to get an r4 however realhotstuff.com hasn't been able to get ahold of any and i didn't want to pay overseas shipping. everything is workin like a charm so far.

edit* retardly easy i just changed the beup.nds to _DS_MSHL.NDS and the multimedia icon boots beup now. would still like to know if there is any way to edit this file so that i can change the style of the icon, rename it, possibly add more than one app to the main menu etc.

Xanikseo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so on the main menu multimedia is linked to the built in moonshell. i got rid of moonshell considering i never use it. is there any way to edit the _DS_MENU.DAT file so that i can either

remove the multimedia link to moonshell entirely
replace the icon with another and install a link to one of my favorite homebrew apps from the main menu such as

beup
dsOrganize

very impressed with my m3. wanted to get an r4 however realhotstuff.com hasn't been able to get ahold of any and i didn't want to pay overseas shipping. everything is workin like a charm so far.

edit *there has been talk of hacks to the dat files to make them interchangable on the m3 and r4.
if anyone has any info regarding this could u plz link or pm. it would be a start in the right direction on what i want to do with the .dat file
You can't remove the icon, but you can make a transparent image, or an image that looks exactly like the background. I presume that you aren't allowed to make icons 1x1, but if you can, you could do that. Also for the DSOrganize/BeUp thing, rename the homebrew you want to use to what the Moonshell was called.

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this were ever possible i would like to see a .xml file that would allow you to add items to the main menu. that way the use could enter the path to the icon they want displayed, the path to the .nds file you would like to launch, and the display name. other than that im very pleased with my m3. no slowdowns or any problems to report so far. the icon is no biggy for now. once the m3 catches up to the r4 and supports skins i can create a custom skin with an icon to represent applications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk