Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

MicroNinja announced !

MicroSD slot-1 solution, DS-cart-sized

screens.jpg

We are happy to announce a new DS ("slot-1") linker: the MicroNinja !

Behind this title hides a new product by the NinjaDS team, a slot-1 solution and this time it's the same size as a normal DS cart! No more big ugly sticking out or u-shape!

Here's all you want to know about the MicroNinja!​

• Slot-1 only

• Same size as a DS cart

• Uses the same firmware as the NinjaDS

This last bit is interesting, it means the product will have the same features as the NinjaDS (read our review here). Features which are:

• Supports clean roms

• No software required, drag & drop on the microSD from any OS

• Lots of built-in features (MP3 player, image viewer, FTP download via wifi, passme...)

• Nice, simple and fast OS

As for the compatibility, it's getting better and better with the current firmware, v1.03, and the NinjaDS team aim for perfection in a near future! Concerning the release date, we were told that the Microninja would be available within the next two weeks. And finally, the price.. the current NinjaDS price is about $85 (67€). I believe the Microninja price should be in the same range.

The ninjaDS team have also sent us a video of the product running! Check it out in the comments of this topic!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
You don't need a flashed DS.
And unfortunately the download play doesnt work on the ninjaDS yet (doesnt work to unflashed DS...)
But the ninjaDS team just told me that fixing this problem is on their top priority list!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
67€ is quite a lot... for a slot-1 device without any space... as we have to buy a micro-sd it gets a lot more expensive, then most cards

edit: the video doesnt make me trust the cart yet... seems like it gets a little stuck in the nds, and it seems a little out of the nds as well... might just be me though.

edit2: 67€ JUST for the card, then pay the rest for the microSD, plus does it need flashme? for little more then 67€ you can get a G6.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
67€ is quite a lot... for a slot-1 device without any space... as we have to buy a micro-sd it gets a lot more expensive, then most cards
laugh.gif
67€ is like barely 2 original DS games
buy this and you'll be able to play about 640 DS games... you just saved 19,200€

edit: and yes after rewatching the video it seems to be sticking out just a little...
huh.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* not the news most of us are looking for I think, but at least its good to see the ninjaDS team working hard to stay in the game.

ateam

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
backdrifts.net
XP
Country
United States
Upon reading the review of the original NinjaDS, it is clear to me that this product is not all that's it's cracked up to be... YET. I believe that the firmware bugs and compatibility issues will be worked out soon. In the mean time, I'm still keeping a close eye on all of the submerging slot-1 carts to determine which I should upgrade to in the future.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
If you want my personal opinion (not sure anyone will want it after I said I'm skeptical about the Acekard
frown.gif
lol)
I really appreciate the existing NinjaDS and its only major drawback was the shape.
Now as I play a lot with my friends, the download play is a major issue too.

Anyway I can't wait to try this new linker.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keeping in mind it looks like it is a prototype with a sticker slapped on it (thicker, hard to remove), it is a definite improvement over having a meter stick plugged into the DS slot. Hanging out a mil or two shouldn't be an issue for most pockets either, so long as the corners are well rounded.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DS-Link can die slowly now , this product is the same , but with no need of flashme and better booting times.

People should be happy these things are made .All those suckers buying a DS-X will feel sorry for the fact that it only has 512 MB of space ,these people are talking about not needing a lot of memory while I am having issues having not enough space on my 1.0GB SD card for my M3 SD (the good ol' sticking out one).

Pokemon diamond is 128 MB and prolly a game lots of DS-X users are gonna put on it with that kick ass mini USB.how much memory do we have left then? than put up some music on that card , lets say 20 songs ... another nice 100 MB so thats already 50% of the memory .for a small amount of music , and a kick ass game ..... guys 512 isn't enough , and I know your willing to spend that extra buck for double the memory and the fact that you can take out that micro SD card , put it in the micro SD to SD card thingy and slide it in to your wii....

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS-Link can die slowly now , this product is the same , but with no need of flashme and better booting times.

People should be happy these things are made .All those suckers buying a DS-X will feel sorry for the fact that it only has 512 MB of space ,these people are talking about not needing a lot of memory while I am having issues having not enough space on my 1.0GB SD card for my M3 SD (the good ol' sticking out one).

Pokemon diamond is 128 MB and prolly a game lots of DS-X users are gonna put on it with that kick ass mini USB.how much memory do we have left then? than put up some music on that card , lets say 20 songs ... another nice 100 MB so thats already 50% of the memory .for a small amount of music , and a kick ass game ..... guys 512 isn't enough , and I know your willing to spend that extra buck for double the memory and the fact that you can take out that micro SD card , put it in the micro SD to SD card thingy and slide it in to your wii....

The product is NOT the same, the DS-Link is a lot cheaper and I think the game support is quite different as well (right now anyways). Also, most people don't use their DS's as music/movie players, so 512MB should be more than enough. Diamond trims down to 43 MB, does it not? I know that 512MB isn't enough for me, because I like using it as a media player, but it should be more than enough for almost everybody (especially without using any space on GBA games).

Hmmm, back on topic. I think this is a little on the expensive side for its features. It still has, so far, nowhere near perfect game compatibilty and the download play feature would be nice. So I think that if it eventually gets those too features through update, it might be worth the ~$90, but a pricetag of around $65 would have been so much better. Makes me kind of scared as to what the price of an M3 slot1 solution would be....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1