Hacking EZ4 Skin: Windows Vista EZ4 Edition

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Here is my latest skin, the Windows Vista EZ4 Edition. It's only for the NDS loader. Hope you enjoy it
biggrin.gif

Update 7/8 #2
I promise you that this will be the last update for this skin. I made the window a lot nicer.

Update 7/8
Made the selection bar a little nicer. Also changed the background colour.

previewds2pl.jpg

Downloads
Skin files

V

Vulpix

No modifications for the GBA portion? I'll use it if you can skin a GBA version as well, because I like things to match.

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update 7/8
Made the selection bar a little nicer. Also changed the background colour.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I might skin the GBA loader. So stay tuned for that.

ZildjianKX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's beautiful! How about making a MAC OSX skin
biggrin.gif

He can't do that, I've made one and am heavily revising it for the EZ competition
nyanya.gif

After seeing his Vista skin, I still have more work to do, lol. OS X doesn't quite have the rich colors or finder transparencies that make this Vista skin look cool. OS X is pretty much just blue, white and gray.

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Update 7/8 #2
I promise you that this will be the last update for this skin. I made the window a lot nicer.

I know it hasn't been a day yet, but what can I say, I'm a perfectionist.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you make these skins...

Ok, I have some grphic knowledge, i have the compiler and all, but when i make my own or edit an existing one, it will never load. It just shows blank. Even if i only edit one file? anyone have the exact specs. file size/resolution/demtions/depth ect.. so i can see if i am saving it wrong..

a photoshop template would be great.

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
How do you make these skins...

Ok, I have some grphic knowledge, i have the compiler and all, but when i make my own or edit an existing one, it will never load. It just shows blank. Even if i only edit one file? anyone have the exact specs. file size/resolution/demtions/depth ect.. so i can see if i am saving it wrong..

a photoshop template would be great.

The best way is to open up the existing files that are included in the compiler, and edit away. Make sure that you save using the same name (in .jpg) and resolution. Then of course you need to correctly overwrite the loader in EZ4 by going to GBA mode and holding R.

If you want a template, here it is
template5yx.jpg

Your skins are always awesome, same for your Super Mario World and Phoenix Wright skins :]

I didn't make those skins, ChaosTheorySD did. I've only made the ez4Dreamcast, and this skin for EZ4. I've also made the ezOS X and ezDreamcast for the EZ3.
biggrin.gif

ChaosTheorySD

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Your skins are always awesome, same for your Super Mario World and Phoenix Wright skins :]

Yeah, that was me actually. Thanks though.
smile.gif

And I had that problem for awhile too, zone97. For some reason, the new file I made wouldn't work. like CWar suggest, the best idea is to just draw directly on top of the old file.

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that was me actually. Thanks though.
smile.gif

And I had that problem for awhile too, zone97. For some reason, the new file I made wouldn't work. like CWar suggest, the best idea is to just draw directly on top of the old file.

I did this, I think its my save step thats changing the file. In photoshop. If i save it after editing it may want to save in PSD format. I then have to do a save as, then select JPG. At max resolution (12 i belive) could that be the issue, should i be saving save as for the web. and then use JPG?

CWar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm sorry, I don't feel comfortable with sharing the psd file. I can however, give you the psd file of the template below if you want.
template5yx.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up