Name The Movie - Classics

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
katzalone.gif
The rules are pretty simple, and are as follows (as originally written by the legend, greyhound)

One person posts a screenshot of a film, any film (keep it clean), making sure it isn't impossible to guess (ie include either a lead character or make it a renowned/significant scene)....or too easy. When a successful guess has been made and confirmed to be correct by the poster of the image, the person who guessed successfully posts the next screenshot. So, if you're going to make a guess and following that post a snapshot please ensure that you check back every so often to see if someone named your movie correctly or to check if your guess was correct so that the game isn't held up too long. It's usual for 2-3 images to get posted per day. Try not to repeat movies, especially the same scene...

Some were added as the game evolved, which were :
  • [*]In order to keep the game flowing, post the SHA1 hash under the picture of your film using this tool (input the IMDb url into the 'data' bar and click 'go', then copy the whole SHA1 hash). The person who guesses can then check their answer by inputing the IMDb address of their guess into the SHA1 hash generator and if it matches then it's correct and you are allowed to proceed to post the next film. - Thanks to FAST6191 for this technique.
  • Remember to keep the scores updated.
  • Remember to update the previous movies posted list.
  • Posting an answer and then saying "Skip me" will result in no points, and a toss-up movie either by the judge, or by the previous poster.
  • No hotlinking to images, try to upload them to either GBAtemp's picture service or somewhere like tinypic/photobucket. Please make sure the name of the movie is not contained in the url.
  • Don't "hit and run". If you're going to guess at a movie, make sure you can stick around long enough to see if your guess was correct and post the next film. If you take too long posting the next movie (24 hours or judge's discretion), you will lose the point.
  • The winner of a round is the judge for the next round.
To make it easier for people to know whether or not a pic for a particular film has been posted a list is kept along with the scores. Whenever you update the scores the list should be updated as well. We've gotten into the habit of using the list to link to the IMDb page for the movie, but if you have trouble with that part, just list the movie. You'll get the hang of it quick enough!

The theme for this round is Classics. Please make sure your movie would generally fall into this category. Because the term 'classics' is so broad there are a few extra rules to keep in mind for this round:

• It has to be at least 10 years old.
  • Win at least 1 award (or, if not, nominated for 2 or more) Please take at least a couple of minutes to try and research this before you post, it doesn't take long
  • Well known. Most people should know about it. (This rules does not apply if the reason people haven't heard of it is because it's so old - this is to stop younger members complaining just because their film knowledge doesn't extend back beyond 1990).
  • At least 1 famous actor, or actor who has become famous because of this film and gone on to do more films.

There is also a judge for each round for when problems occur.
This round will run from today (March 21st) through April 21st.

Here's the list of all the past Name the Movie threads, just in case anyone wants to reminisce or see how much time has been wasted over the years.

© A fair whack of this message copyright Szyslak.

OK, let's start with an easy one! I'm sure everyone's seen or at least heard of this:

newimage.png

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK it's been over 24 hours, i'll just bump it to see if anyone can guess.

Oh and, BTW people, this is the offical NTM thread, should be stickied. Could a mod sticky this plz? (It was approved by VA)

@ VA: thanks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mainly posting just so I see I posted in it when it appears in view new threads.

I sense this round is going to be horrific for me on the "gah I can not place it" front- I have seen most of the usual "top 100 classic films" but not since I was about 5.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Deed goes to Town

Also, what interpretation of classic are we talking here, just old films or great films in general?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hullo8d said:
Mr.Deed goes to Town

Also, what interpretation of classic are we talking here, just old films or great films in general?

QUOTEBecause the term 'classics' is so broad there are a few extra rules to keep in mind for this round:

• It has to be at least 10 years old.
  • Win at least 1 award (or, if not, nominated for 2 or more) Please take at least a couple of minutes to try and research this before you post, it doesn't take long
  • Well known. Most people should know about it. (This rules does not apply if the reason people haven't heard of it is because it's so old - this is to stop younger members complaining just because their film knowledge doesn't extend back beyond 1990).
  • At least 1 famous actor, or actor who has become famous because of this film and gone on to do more films.

Try to keep to these guidelines. Unless you know 100% sure that it's a classic but doesn't fit all of those categories (unlikely)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo