Homebrew Can someone please help me with copying GCN saves (PM forward)

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched the MIOS I think but do I have to load GCBoot from the same SD card tat I pathced the MIOS? I have 4 SD cards. I got up to the part where GCBoot loads but then when I pressed Y it gave me that SAME error message. Do I have to have the MIOS and the 000001 on my SD card even after I patch it and on the same card as GCBoot? I have that on a separate card since it has a lot of apps on it. Please help and if possible, get dronesplitter's attention for me. Ask if he has a messenger so this step can be done really quick then I will stop and then move on and leave him alone. (read PM forwarded below).

Message Forwarded From dronesplitter

Here are the directions but I just want to say upfront that I cannot promise that everything I list is safe for your Wii. These steps worked for me but your setup may be different and something could go wrong. If your Wii currently runs fine, gaining the ability to backup Gamecube saves may not be that important, considering the risk involved in modifying your system, as you can always just buy a new memory card and transfer saves directly to it.

QUOTE said:
Alright thanks man. My computer has an SD card reader but no memory card reader. I have been using the SD card reader a lot. There are 2 applications for MIOS backups downloaded. Which one should I use? What should the title of the app be when you load it on the HBC? And what steps do I do to install the right version?

Download this: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dl5tmt1ded2zn02
Inside is a folder that looks like 00000001, put that on your SD card so that it is at the root of the card (not inside of any other folders).
The other folder called miospatcher goes into the apps directory. Now, you can load homebrew channel and the MIOS Patcher app will run and let you install the modified MIOS v5 (it requires a gamecube controller plugged in to confirm). When it says installation complete, it should reload the Homebrew Channel

QUOTEAfter that please list step by step on how to copy my gamecube games to my SD card without deleting them from the memory card. Number them please line by line so I can keep track of what I am doing. Then if possible walk me through how to copy my wii games to the memory card since you said I could copy it to the desktop of my computer if there is a memory card reader on the other computers in my house. Also in that link you gave me please tell me which folders to use and store and which ones to delete since you gave me many of them and I don't know which ones I really don't need.

Here are the steps I put in the readme you should have.
1. Place both GCBooterHomebrew and GCMM modified apps on SD card to boot with HBC.
This just means to copy the GCBooterHomebrew folder to your apps folder on SD card. "GCMM mod" has a folder in it called apps and a folder called gcmm inside of that. Move that gcmm folder into your apps folder.
2. Place the "gamecube" folder's gcmm.dol from GCMM mod at root of SD card (rename to start.dol).
The gcmm.dol I mean here is the one in "GCMM mod"->"gamecube"->gcmm.dol
Put that file at the root of your SD card but rename it start.dol
3. Boot GCBoot app which loads start.dol in GCN mode.
Load homebrew channel and look for the blue graphic that says GCBoot. Launch it. Make sure you have a memory card in slot B, as you will need it there if you want to copy files from it to your SD card.
4. With a GCN controller in the first port, press Y to enter backup mode (should show files for memory card slot B).
You should see a screen show up that where you press Y to enter a mode to backup your memory card files. Press Y and make sure the files show up (scroll down through one or tow of them and make sure you see a banner or icon load in the right window for that game).
5. Press power button on Wii console, wait for HBC to reload (I use bootmii.ini with auto HBC boot).
This is self-explanatory.
6. Now run GCMM 2.0 app
When Homebrew Channel pops up again, launch the app that says GCMM with a white background.

Also is the bootmii folder supposed to be placed on the apps or the root and if on the root how do I get it to the point to make bootmii NOT pop up everytime I turn on the Wii. And what version of bootmii should I use since there are many of them? My Wii can only install bootmii as an IOS but my friend's can install boot2 and we both have the same HBC version (the latest, 8).

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I modified the app to 249 v5 rungcbackuonly on the same SD as the other apps and I STILL am getting this internal memory card error code and I have it in Slot B. Krestent are you there? I forwarded you my PM about it.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and dronesplitter, the guy who wrote this program up said it works with first party cards as that is why he came up with this app. I need his help since he is the one who came up with this app. Try it for yourselves and see if it works.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have I could only ever get it to work with Third-Party gamecube memory cards. What i did mostly was transfer my data to and from my first party to my third party mc's.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait so you have tried this app before (from the PM)? and it only lets you copy it from third party memory cards? Did you patch the MIOS? The link is not in blue but if you downloaded the MIOS then it should work based on what dronesplitter and everyone else told me.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AR only works for AR stuff I heard. I'll try it BUT I still need Dronespliiter's help if it doesn't work and for the rest of the steps. Ok? Try the above method and see if it works first and if not then I will see what I can do.....

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
AR only works for AR stuff I heard. I'll try it BUT I still need Dronespliiter's help if it doesn't work and for the rest of the steps. Ok? Try the above method and see if it works first and if not then I will see what I can do.....
A lot of the transfer apps have a tendency to not work with official memory cards. The AR card is not an official card, therefore it should work. And by the way, was it really all that hard to go out and spend 3 bucks for a used 3rd party card instead of spending 2 weeks trying to figure out how to copy saves from your official card?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AR only does AR Ifrom what I have been told). I have patched my MIOS. Krestent have you tried this app yourself and see if it works or not? Do I need another MIOS patcher thing? It says V5 and runninggcbackuponly. Is that the right one? What have you experienced?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look Smashdude. I know you have many questions. The problem is you want to have it all and you don't know how to deal with what you want. People like Giantpune, Drone, Xflak. Wimm etc are devs (developers). Devs are people that are busy working on new apps. Developing new apps is tedious and hard because is a matter of creating, testing, fixing, testing, fixing and it takes days, months even a whole year for a simple app to work the way it is supposed to. You CAN'T expect them to put their work (the one they like) aside to help you with your questions that are easily resolved in the guides.

A person may help you with one problem but after resolving that problem you come with a new one and it keeps that way endlessly. That kind of attitude is called Trolling which isn't welcome in any forum.

I usually help people from time to time, but I can't expend the whole day helping people in a topic when I have so much to do here like buying food at the market, mow the lawn, take care of my baby while my wife is doing other shores, go out with my friends to see a movie or eating at a restaurant. The point is we have social life besides sitting our asses in front of boring pc the whole day.

Another thing very important, sometimes you tell people to contact those persons to help you but remember sometimes we are not friends with those persons. I can't tell Marcan to pm Waninkoko to help me turn on my wii..

The point is, "read more and ask less."

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
What the hell. When the fuck did he get 700 posts?! Wasn't he at 500 the other day?!

Yeah I noticed this too!!!! How the hell?????????????

Pardon me if I'm incorrect but sometimes I think Smashdude is some MODERATOR playing dumb. No offense to anyone, just some thought I have.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait. That's because he quadruple posts his results and then he makes new questions on top of his already stupid question. I have to hand him kudos for being the most clever troll of any forum though.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly what Burton posted. also if you want more "quick and direct help" go on to IRC and ask around don't be a pest or they will boot ya. i still can't believe you are still harassing people about this. after there was alot of suggestions and solutions given to you in the last 5 topics you posted about the same problem.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deal burton. Log onto MSN when you can please and I can show you what I've got and what I need help with. Deal? And so youi are implying that I should not update via system menu then and get rid of the WAN? Also read my PMs whenever you have time. Take as much time as you need man.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash, we're not 24 hours real time hotlines for you. We have lives to keep . Do some legwork for yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy