Homebrew How do I turn off the write-protection on my SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some morons told me to download winzip1415 and I did it anyway but now it is STUCK on my SD card and I cannot cut or delete ANYTHING on it. I have checked properties but it says the only way to allow it to be deleted is via write-protection. I do not want to have to reformat my SD card again because my friend FINALLY helped me enable my Wii to copy Brawl and MKW to the SD card. The problem is that I copied winzip because my emulators FREEZE whenever I start playing them and they said I needed winzip to solve the problem. HOW do I get rid of this piece of crap? How do I turn OFF the write-protection? And then after that, why are my emulators still freezing whenever I start playing them? Are they named right? They are named something like (U)!.v64 or z64. What is the difference between z64 and v64 anyways?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's set to unlock it should have write protection turned off, I doubt turning it on lock would fix it unless their is something very wrong with your SD card.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it says it is media-owned. But HOW do I delete this piece of crap? It is called winzip1415. Tryt downloading it for yourself and then find a free place to put it where you can try to mess around with it. I can't cut or delete anything on my SD card. Also answer my questions above about my emulators freezing in my messsage body please.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright how do I fix my Wii64 emulators if any of you know how? Are they supposed to be named a certain way? They go in the form (U)! or (E)! for me and I have no clue what that means. Am I supposed to delete it. Also I renamed some of them and I believe that is a no-no. What is the difference between v64 and z64 in case I renamed them wrong?

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V64 and Z64 are both N64 ROM formats. Not sure theres much of a difference (I havent noticed one anyways).

All I can really suggest is redownloading Wii64 from the homebrew browser.
If all else fails, back everything up to your pc and reformat your card to fat32.

If your games are on a fat partition, you can just copy them over to your PC.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded the Wii64 on the Homebrew Browser already. How is a particular ROM supposed to be named? game.z/v64? It has some other crap in front of it but I do not know if it is needed. Name a few of your ROMs please so I can see if it is in the right format as mine are. I particularly want NFL Blitz 2001 to work as well as Hydro Thunder.

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got my roms working in both formats. Doesnt matter what you name em as long as theyre an accepted format.
Just check the readme.

All I can suggest is formatting your FAT partition again.
Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright someomne here please link me to the ROM downloads site please so I can check and see if that version is better and compatible for my Wii.

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its against the rules to point you to roms.

Also, did you check the compat list and see if your roms work for ANYONE.

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just don't read/listen the posts from smashdude and don't try to help him.
His previous topic was locked because he doesn't listen to anyone and he doesn't even know what an external hard drive is.
smashdude said:
Pexpi do you know what an external harddrive is? I need to save my ROMs there.
Who is pexpi? I know pepxl but pexpi? And Xflak became xflat.
See:
My disk is full and I want to know what to delete based on it.
This one wasn't answered yet, I hope it stays that way

I think he is a troll.

@smashdute:Seriously, how old are you? 8?
QUOTE(rayben @ Apr 24 2010, 05:33 PM) V64 and Z64 are both N64 ROM formats. Not sure theres much of a difference (I havent noticed one anyways).
One was used by the Dcotor V64 and one by the Z64,the differnece is that one is saved in big endian (z64) and one in little endian (v64).
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_V64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.