OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It's not just the Japanese throwing people in prison over R4 flash cartridges; Britain is in on the act too, with a man sentenced to prison for importing R4 carts.

Yun Can Meng, a British resident, will spend the next twelve months behind bars after importing 26,500 of the cartridges, with the intention of selling them in the United Kingdom.

R4 carts, and other similar devices, circumvent the copy-protection measures in place on Nintendo's DS handhelds, allowing users to play not only custom titles or backups of games they legally own, but in some cases pirated copies of games as well.

He was busted after a joint investigation by the The Entertainment and Leisure Software Association's Crime Unit and local police.

The ELSPA's Michael Ralinson was understandably pleased, beaming "Our crime unit is pleased with the outcome of this trial and pleased to see the Court of Appeal's copyright judgement is being robustly enforced. Intellectual property (IP) theft is an important issue for the country's videogames industry - as is protecting it."

Imagine how long he'd have been locked up for if they'd caught him with a blank DVD!

Source: Kotaku

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, that's because he was importing them in mass and going to sell. And as far as I know, flashcarts are legal things that do illegal actions.
Ahh, didn't read that far, got distracted by a random idea. Well I can see why he got arrested then

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eon-Rider said:
.Radiant said:

i think thats where he went wrong. importing maybe 100-200? but 26 thousand of them?
That's what I was thinking. The amount he imported is in incredible. o_o

thats a big amount of fakes...
blink.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope this never happens to me... i just put games on my ds and also burn wii/gamecube games... i have a funny felling i'll get caught one of these days... also i don't wanna be bubba's little bitch... the only reason i priate is casue the econamy in the states sucks ass so much. and to save money also!!

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That won't happen to a guy who just buys one flashcart from somewhere.
tongue.gif

Like they have fucking time to arrest everyone who does that.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
i hope this never happens to me... i just put games on my ds and also burn wii/gamecube games... i have a funny felling i'll get caught one of these days... also i don't wanna be bubba's little bitch... the only reason i priate is casue the econamy in the states sucks ass so much. and to save money also!!

Unless your selling 1000s of flashcards or illegal copy's of games, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you did sell them you would probably need to be selling 1000s and 1000s of illegal devices to get caught/for them to do anything about it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that most people, if not all sane people, will not get caught. One or two flashcarts through the mail will possibly never get noticed...but 26 thousand? I'm pretty sure no one around here would do something like that. I would rest easy, unless you want to do something like that. But honestly, why would you?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thegame07 said:
DJPlace said:

Unless your selling 1000s of flashcards or illegal copy's of games, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you did sell them you would probably need to be selling 1000s and 1000s of illegal devices to get caught/for them to do anything about it.

i see. thank you very much and hoepfully i'll never run my mouth about it in pubilc saying look at me everyone i got a flash cart.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
I once had 2 flashcards delivered to my house, next thing I knew everything went blurry, my ears were ringing, my head hurt... that was just the flashbang, next thing I knew the SAS were interrogating me.

I got off lightly, I only had to spend 6 months in prison, and only had to sleep with Bubba on alternate nights.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
KevInChester said:
I once had 2 flashcards delivered to my house, next thing I knew everything went blurry, my ears were ringing, my head hurt... that was just the flashbang, next thing I knew the SAS were interrogating me.

I got off lightly, I only had to spend 6 months in prison, and only had to sleep with Bubba on alternate nights.
Ah...... sarcasm.. So so necessary for life.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KevInChester said:

+1

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark Blade said:
KevInChester said:

Ah...... sarcasm.. So so necessary for life.

+2

Anyways as everbody is saying the problem is that he ordered in bulk and far too many, that many flashcarts are going to be noticed by any nations' customs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo