kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have soft-moded my wii and it was working fine (usb loader, VC, and Wiiware).

Today, I installed 2 wads: Street Fighter 2 and Super Street Fighter.

The wii screen became black and I force reset the Wii ...

Now, both my wiimotes are not recognizeable.

I tried to resync both but no luck ... only blinking and then dead.

I have bootmii as boot2.

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
here a few possible fixes, you only need one of them to work for your wii to be fixed, so pick one, if u cant make it work, try another

1) restore a nand backup

2) use cboot2 to launch wad manager or any title deleter to uninstall/delete the new wads that caused your banner brick (use gamecube controller to navigate menus)

3) use bootmii to launch the homebrew channel, then use wiiload (or transmit mii) or launch wad manager or any title deleter to uninstall/delete the new wads that caused your banner brick (use gamecube controller to navigate menus)

4) if u have priiloader installed, launch it, then use that to install (optional) and launch (as file) wad manager or any title deleter to uninstall/delete the new wads that caused your banner brick (use gamecube controller to navigate menus)

might be more ways to fix it, but that's just off the top of my head

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was able to run the HBC using GC controller and run the WAD manager.

Deleted (uninstalled) both wads ... done.

Reboot the Wii ...

But still my both wiimotes cannot be recognized / synched ...

Tried to unplug the wii power, same issue.

When I synched, all the blue leds are blinking ... and after some while, it blinks 3 times then paused blinks 3 times paused and so on.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
????

try launching a game using a wiiload or transmiit mii to launch a usb loader forwarder channel (which can be made using CRAP, u may need to extract the dol from the newly created channel using customize mii or similar app), see if you can sync the remotes after having started a game

honestly, do u have a nand backup? just restore it and see if that fixes everything instead of doing everything i just said above

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to launch a game using the usb loaded, it run (animal crossing), but still no wiimote ...

If I restore the NAND backup (I made one), does it means that I must redo the soft-modding again?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
your nand backup will make your wii exactly like it was the day you made the backup (note that boot2 is not touched in this process, so you cannot brick if you have bootmii as boot2, even if u lose power in the middle of a nand restore, u can always launch bootmii as boot2 again and start over)

so if u made your nand backup b4 doing any softmods, u will lose all that (u will also lose any game saves since your last nand backup). Normally I would recommend backing up your save games and mii's before doing a nand restore, but I don't know if you can without a wiimote, u can try using save game manager and mii extractor and see if they support gamecube controllers if u want/care.

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my God ... I tried to restore the NAND and got message: Dump is for different Wii

Or something like that.

How can it be? It was the NAND backup of my Wii that I created before soft-modding
frown.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
don't panic!! that's a fixable bug from an older version of bootmii.

to fix the "Backup from another Wii" error when recovering your NAND use Bootmii-KEYFIX.exe. Just run it in the same folder as your NAND.bin and keys.bin (make sure all 3 files are saved in the same folder)

all it does is insert a space in the keys.bin file and copy and paste the contents of the keys.bin file to the end of the nand.bin file. This can all be done manually using a hex editor, but using the program is easier.

You may want to make a copy of your nand.bin and keys.bin files before running Bootmii-KEYFIX.exe (just in case the program does something funny, but it should work fine)

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, using the Bootmii-KEYFIX.exe, I was able to restore the NAND.

Rebooted the Wii ...

And I saw my original Wii channels, but I still see HBC there.

Why?

And too bad, my both wiimotes still cannot be synched
frown.gif

So far I tried this:

1. Reboot wii, on the Health & Safety screen, I pressed and hold the wii console SYNC button for 1 minute. I read this will delete the synch data. Then I tried to synch, failed.

2. I press both synch button on the console and wiimote in the same time, and hold. Wiimote blinking and blinking and blinking (later on with a bit paused) ... and blinking. So failed

3. I press and hold the console synch, and THEN the wiimote synch. Same result like 2

4. I press and hold the wiimote synch, and THEN the console synch. Same result like 2.

Hopeless now ...

I unpluged wii power and remove the wiimote battery at this moment.

Geez, I think I am the first person to have bricked wiimote! both wiimotes!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hit the sync button on the console (just press it, do not hold it), then i do the same on the remote (again, no holding)

Edit: the instructions above was the solution, any1 else reading this, try syncing your remotes this way

try that, i doubt it will work as i think syncing remotes isn't that complicated

and the homebrew channel is there because you installed it before running bootmii. normally when some1 uses the hackmii installer, they install the HBC, bootmii and DVDX all at once, then reset the wii (starts to bootmii) and they create a nand dump, so even though they haven't seen or used the HBC yet, it is already installed, and thus backed up in the nand dump

if this still isn't working, try using an app called setting-replace

i've never actually used the app b4 (thankfully i never had to), but it sounds like it should solve your wiimote syncing issue

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say you are the first, just the first documented instance.

The reason why you see HBC is because if you had HBC channel installed at the time of the NAND creation, it will be re-installed again, and show up again. NANDs are like a system restore if you look at it in terms of a computer, you can go back to a previous point in time with them, and have the system look/feel exactly as it did at that time.

[Removed as post above solved issue]

@xflak40: wouldn't doing the NAND restore also restore the system setting as well? When reading the description on the site you linked to, that program only seems like it would be useful if one were to reinstall the system files using wads or something similar.

@OP: Either way, run the setting-replace tool, you have nothing to loose anyways, that program looks pretty good at just getting the job done, and not royaly messing up anything.

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40,

Good news! Thanks! Your way of synching remote works
smile.gif

Duh, I will write this down obviously.

Thanks again.

I guess now I have to redo the soft-mod all over again.

Do I need to use the Wii management do DELETE the HBC before doing the soft-mod again?

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks,

Here is a bit of story about this incident ... Please dont laugh
smile.gif

Last weekend, I ordered HORI Fighting Stick for Wii ... so I can play old-school VC games and anticipating the upcoming Tatsunoko vs CAPCOM.

Today, my Hori joystick came ... excited of course.

Tried Gradius Rebirth, it was perfect.

Hmmm ... how about some fighting games? I started to copy most of NEOGEO fighting games (Samurai Showdown, World Heroes, etc.) .... and of course Street Fighter series from SNES.

Yeah, thats what started this mess ...

I ended up wasted my evening now.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help!

I guess I dont need to do NAND restore in the first place, your way of synching would work most probably.

But thats OK, I learned something new ... restoring NAND
smile.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lol, don't forget now you know how to sync your remotes! lol

honestly, your mistake was stupid, but you communicated it well, spoke intelligently and didn't act like a noob... that's why I'm not furious at ur silly mistake (because u seem like a reasonable guy)

good luck re-softmodding ur wii, FYI, u may want to update your bootmii (if u haven't already). And after you are done your softmod u may want to make another nand backup (that way u can have 2, one that is almost 100% virgin, and another than is 100% hacked, so next time if u need to restore a nand backup, u can try the hacked one before the virgin one, and save yourself the trouble of re-hacking your wii again)

kampang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40,

If you dont mind, I have last question:

I found that after restored the original NAND, this does not remove the bootmii ...

So, I still have bootmii ...

Then for the softmoding, I skiped the hackmii/bootmii and HBC installation (because as I told you, the HBC is still there after I restored the NAND backup).

Thus, I start the RE-softmoding with the trucha thingie (STEP 3):
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...od-any-wii.html

It seems worked, tested running HBC and play NSMB via USB loader gx.

Did I do this correctly? So, the bootmii and HBC will always there!

PS: I am making another NAND backup after softmoded as you have suggested.

Mohammed Lokhandwala

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Totally screwed. I have the same problem and almost no way out.

I have a 4.3u Softmodded Wii which was working perfectly until recently. Last week I modified IOS block 250 I think to be able to run Driver. It worked perfectly until I shut down and restarted Wii. Since that then the two Wii remotes will not sync with the console. I do NOT have a GBA controller.

The system boots fine and reaches the home screen where I can see all the channels, but the Wii remote does not connect no matter what combination of buttons and syncing I try. I have tried all the sync techniques described above and elsewhere on the Internet.

More or less the only keys are working are those on the console. I can hold the reset button and get into the system menu but I cannot move or do anything at all.

I may or may not have the backup NAND. At least I could not readily find it though I am searching for it yet.

In desperation I also tried to connect a USB Keyboard to see if it would allow me to navigate, but no use at all, No key combination I pressed (like arrow, Ctrl+arrow etc.) worked.

Is there anyway out of this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy