Hacking HBC 1.0.3 Black Screen

LufianGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's wii is on system menu 4.0, HBC 1.0.3, preloader 0.42, truncha signed ios60, cios rev 14.

He was using usb loader config 48 or so and tried to play metal of honor heroes (alternate dol, anti 002 fix) and it froze on the please insert nunchuk screen.

He reset the system and tried usb loader config again, and the system kept timing out and telling him no hd was inserted even though it was.

Next his homebrew channel loads up to black with/without different sd cards inserted.

So how do we fix this?

I'm thinking we need to uninstall and reinstall HBC 1.0.3 (we want to keep our bootmii/preloader links good) using an older version of bannerbomb.

LufianGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
If you're installing the HBC again anyway, you can better get the newest version (1.0.6) while you're at it

I don't want to break the link between the bootmii and preloader HAXX HBC. Installing the newest HBC would install JODI HBC and break the connection between HBC bootmii & preloader.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there are at least 3 ways around that

1) get the HAXX to JODI channel, it is named HAXX, but it is a forwarder channel that forwards to JODI (it acts and looks the same as the homebrew channel, except its named HAXX and requires a JODI homebrew channel to work). The links are on this site somewhere

2) u can install Priiloader, which will allow u to access JODI or HAXX, and Bootmii directly from priiloader

3) if u prefer keeping the older version of preloader, there is a .dol that u can install as a file that will launch JODI homebrew, again, its on this site somewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?