Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if I posted it in the correct place, so I thought I'd start a new thread on this. That and it should make it easier down the road for someone searching if they are having the same problem. If that is not allowed, mods please delete this thread. The original post can be found in the Noob Starter Guide.
Ssseth said:
Okay, perhaps I spoke too soon. Everything seemed to be working peachy until I went to load a backup from the disc channel (Little Kings Story). I haven't had an issue running a game since way back in the SMG days. I have a mod chip (Wiinja Deluxe). I get a "error #001, unauthorized device has been detected" and have to hard boot the Wii to get it going again. Before I go willy nilly updating IOS files with dop-IOS. Any suggestions?...

To make it clear, everything was working fine before I updated so my modchip is working fine. All backup discs were running fine. Doing some Google searches just leads me to year+ old posts with people saying to update the modchip firmware but I did that a long time ago and like I said, before updating to 4.1 it was all good.

My Wii was already modded, I just was trying to update. Per the instructions on the first page of this thread what I did is went from 3.2U to 4.0 using Waninkoko's 4.0 updater. Then I went to 4.1 using Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. I used the links provided. All went well during the installs. HBC, BootMii, Preloader, SD Card Loader and all other channels are working fine. It's just launching new games from the disc channel.

Edit: I decided to try updating IOS files. I've updating the following (every single ios except ones only used by old system menu's) and applied the Sig Hash Check to all of them. Still not working. I tried a really old game (Carnival Games) and it worked. Seems like it's newer ones not working.

ios9
ios12
ios13
ios14
ios15
ios17
ios21
ios22
ios28
ios31
ios33
ios34
ios35
ios36
ios37
ios38
ios53
ios55
ios56
ios57
ios60
ios61

I'm out of ideas... Help!
unsure.gif

Ssseth

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Update: just incase anyone runs into this thread down the road.

Well I feel like an idiot. I figured out the problem. So I decided to go back to 3.2U with BootMii using a NAND backup, to retrace my steps. When I got back, I was still getting the same error. I forgot that the Wiinja Deluxe can be reset back to factory defaults (or even disabled) with the right command. Well it just happens to be the command to reset back to factory defaults is holding down power+reset for a few seconds. I did this when starting up preloader without thinking about it and that must have done it.

So I downloaded the 001 error firmware update for my modchip and installed it. Games started loading fine again from the disc channel. Then I flashed back up to 4.1U with BooMii (I made a NAND backup before going back to 3.2U earlier) and games are working fine. All is well in 4.1 Wiinja Deluxe land.
biggrin.gif

Ya so it had nothing to do with updating. It just happened to be I reset my modchip to factory defaults by mistake when updating things. Hehe ooops! Funny thing is, it was one of the reasons I picked this chip over Wiikey in the first place, more options. Ohhh, well it all ended up fine and I learned a lot more about my Wii in the process.

Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill