MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, Skyline969 here! I've decided to make an unofficial update to the Easy ChickHEN CFW Installer found on PSPSlimHacks.com. Included in my release is support for both 1000 and 2000 models, an updated version of Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, a chart to check if your motherboard can handle custom firmware, PSPIdent, and a 5.03 OFW update (if you download the FULL version).

Instructions are included in the installer, just read carefully and copy the instructions when shown them and follow them to the letter! Failure to do so will result in a brick! Keep in mind, this is only for PSP 1000s and older 2000s. PSP 3000s are NOT supported. Use PSPIdent and the included chart to double-check and make sure that your PSP can be flashed and live to tell the tale. I'm not being held responsible for someone who foolishly flashes their PSP without checking, double-checking, and triple-checking.

Also, if you have a firmware higher than 5.03, you can't use this installer. Sorry!

Download links are as follows:
FULL version, for those of you who need to update to firmware 5.03 before flashing.
LITE version, for those of you who already have firmware 5.03.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very nice app sir! If I hadn't already pandorized my very rare TA88V2 Madden PSP, then I would have used your app. Nice!
biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most PSPs I have seen lately have already been done using a nice convoluted method but I will be certain to check this out when I need to do more.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you very much.

I bought a Phat off of ebay yesterday.

Glad to know that hacking a PSP is so simple and doesn't require many extras nowadays!

Though I've read reports that if you delete the ChickHEN folder, games and stuff stop working.
Is this true? So I know in case I want to tidy up the folder system.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trulen said:
Though I've read reports that if you delete the ChickHEN folder, games and stuff stop working.
Is this true? So I know in case I want to tidy up the folder system.

Not true. I use 1 32mb stick for chickhen/cfwe, and a 8gb one for games. after running chickhen, I just change sticks, and have no problems with that. Been doing that for over 1 month,

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Once you have 5.00 M33-6 flashed to your PSP, you can delete ChickHEN, h.bin, PSPIdent, the 5.03 firmware update, and Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from your PSP without any problems.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, well you're welcome. In a way, I did this for myself as I plan on hacking PSPs for profit as a "side-job" while I'm at college. I just figured that if I could get some use out of the installer, everyone else could too.
tongue.gif

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I downloaded the LITE version thinking I have enough resources. Perhaps, I needed to download the FULL version, as well.

All in all, I need to edit your guide in my worst case scenario and it was successfull. I had taken the alternate and long route, in this case, but all in all, your guide is perfect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ