Skyline969's Pandora-Free M33 Installer

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Skyline969, Jul 31, 2009.

Jul 31, 2009
  1. Skyline969
    OP

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Hey all, Skyline969 here! I've decided to make an unofficial update to the Easy ChickHEN CFW Installer found on PSPSlimHacks.com. Included in my release is support for both 1000 and 2000 models, an updated version of Hellcat's Recovery Flasher, a chart to check if your motherboard can handle custom firmware, PSPIdent, and a 5.03 OFW update (if you download the FULL version).

Instructions are included in the installer, just read carefully and copy the instructions when shown them and follow them to the letter! Failure to do so will result in a brick! Keep in mind, this is only for PSP 1000s and older 2000s. PSP 3000s are NOT supported. Use PSPIdent and the included chart to double-check and make sure that your PSP can be flashed and live to tell the tale. I'm not being held responsible for someone who foolishly flashes their PSP without checking, double-checking, and triple-checking.

Also, if you have a firmware higher than 5.03, you can't use this installer. Sorry!

Download links are as follows:
    FULL version, for those of you who need to update to firmware 5.03 before flashing.
    LITE version, for those of you who already have firmware 5.03.

2. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Very nice app sir! If I hadn't already pandorized my very rare TA88V2 Madden PSP, then I would have used your app. Nice! [​IMG]

3. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    No way, a Madden PSP with a TA088v2 actually exists? Or are you just pulling my leg? [​IMG]

4. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Yes, the TA88v2 Madden PSP exists, and it is American!

*Watchmen reference [​IMG]

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Most PSPs I have seen lately have already been done using a nice convoluted method but I will be certain to check this out when I need to do more.

6. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks you very much.

I bought a Phat off of ebay yesterday.

Glad to know that hacking a PSP is so simple and doesn't require many extras nowadays!

Though I've read reports that if you delete the ChickHEN folder, games and stuff stop working.
    Is this true? So I know in case I want to tidy up the folder system.

7. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Not true. I use 1 32mb stick for chickhen/cfwe, and a 8gb one for games. after running chickhen, I just change sticks, and have no problems with that. Been doing that for over 1 month,

8. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Once you have 5.00 M33-6 flashed to your PSP, you can delete ChickHEN, h.bin, PSPIdent, the 5.03 firmware update, and Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from your PSP without any problems.

9. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks a ton.
    You're a savior to the folks who don't like to buy lots of external stuff.

10. Skyline969
    OP

Canada
    Haha, well you're welcome. In a way, I did this for myself as I plan on hacking PSPs for profit as a "side-job" while I'm at college. I just figured that if I could get some use out of the installer, everyone else could too. [​IMG]

11. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    I downloaded the LITE version thinking I have enough resources. Perhaps, I needed to download the FULL version, as well.

All in all, I need to edit your guide in my worst case scenario and it was successfull. I had taken the alternate and long route, in this case, but all in all, your guide is perfect