Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

TFireMobile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figure that I won't be the last with this problem. So, I might as just start the thread.

Using the Wii Backup Launcher I keep getting a green screen.

When using the USBloader it gives you a black screen.

Hopefully someone smarter and obviously more talented than myself can figure out what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I finally was able to get it to play via a burned disc using preloader & CIOSCorp. I used this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139700 with some of the files from this guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/777675 because the previous guide didn't have them anymore.

Not smart enough/haven't read up enough to actually know what all I did, but after everything I gave up because it didn't seem to work... then when I looked back, the game was loading in the menu. So, good luck.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried 13A, but still a no go. I get an 002 error, then when I try to use USB GX with the 002 fix applied to the game, I get a black screen.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
yoitsme said:
It works fine on cios 13a with USB GX loader. with cios 13b is when you get a black screen.

which version of Loader GX do you have ? in the settings for the game is "002 fix" on or off ? did you do anything to the iso (brickblock / patch / etc) ?

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
yoitsme said:
It works fine on cios 13a with USB GX loader. with cios 13b is when you get a black screen.

which version of Loader GX do you have ? in the settings for the game is "002 fix" on or off ? did you do anything to the iso (brickblock / patch / etc) ?

rev 498 of loader GX and I turned on the 002 fix. I have the video mode on "system default" and I didn't do anything to the iso.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please test if the game is a 002b game:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6188

Requirement is still having cIOSrev13a installed, and report the results with each test. Why do I always have to ask for this? Is the idea of a new game being a 002b game so surprising?

Bladexdsl said:
nearly every game out now doesn't work with the usbL...not a good sign.

Which ones do not work?

PS: To test if a game works at all, YOU HAVE TO USE DISC REGION VIDEO MODE especially for import games.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Please test if the game is a 002b game:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6188

Requirement is still having cIOSrev13a installed, and report the results with each test. Why do I always have to ask for this? Is the idea of a new game being a 002b game so surprising?

PS: To test if a game works at all, YOU HAVE TO USE DISC REGION VIDEO MODE especially for import games.

Game: Ghostbusters
Test one: doesn't work

Test two: works

Test three: 002 Error

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much, so the game is a 002b game.

Bladexdsl said:
indy, my sims racing, this to name a few. glad i still have my wiikey. only rev14 can save us now

All 002b games, ALL OF THEM work from usb. What are you talking about?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Thank you very much, so the game is a 002b game.

Bladexdsl said:
indy, my sims racing, this to name a few. glad i still have my wiikey. only rev14 can save us now

All 002b games, ALL OF THEM work from usb. What are you talking about?

I was going to say the same thing - Indy works fine on USB Loader GX.

Posts merged

yoitsme said:
AdamBrunt said:
QUOTE(yoitsme @ Jun 13 2009, 07:02 AM)

rev 498 of loader GX and I turned on the 002 fix. I have the video mode on "system default" and I didn't do anything to the iso.

Thanks I'll try that.

payas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi use ios rev 13a and configurable usb loader. This combo works with indy game. You just have to turn wii off and on again to play another game rather than soft reset.
i was getting black or green screen then freeze with ios rev 10 but when i installed rev 13a worked first time. I tried other usb loaders but most failed and configurable usb loader was the only one that worked
so give it a go.

hyp3rlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works with rev13a and SDUSBloader; same as Indy actually.

I created a menu channel but get a 002 error from that, only works when launched from the loader.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hyp3rlink said:
works with rev13a and SDUSBloader; same as Indy actually.

I created a menu channel but get a 002 error from that, only works when launched from the loader.

Menu channel? If you have the source of it, you only need to add the 002fix to it, it's one line. Show the the part of the source where the game is actually started, and i tell you where and how to add the 002fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-