Hacking SD/USB Loader 1.5 loading from SD help needed!!!

dsrules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been search the thread for the last hour and can't seem to find any posts about the problem:

I could install the games to my SD (games loads fine from HD), but when I load the games from SD, I got this error:
"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii operations Manual for ..."
I'm already using cIOS36_rev10...

Is anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well yes I got the problem today... either use 1.3 or 1.4 loader (wanin) which doesn't have this bug
or patch 1.5...

In fat.c, if you comment the body of the s32 Fat_UnmountSDHC(void) method leaving only "return 0", games from sd loads correctly... like this

Code:
s32 Fat_UnmountSDHC(void)
{
//ÂÂÂÂs32 ret;

//ÂÂÂÂ/* Unmount device */
//ÂÂÂÂfatUnmount(SDHC_MOUNT);

//ÂÂÂÂ/* Shutdown SDHC interface */
//ÂÂÂÂret = __io_sdhc.shutdown();
//ÂÂÂÂif (!ret)
//ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn -1;
ÂÂÂÂreturn 0;
}

But possibly this may make another part of the program fail though I used it along with ocarina too and it works correctly...

Alternatively you can create channels for these games in the sd card with Crap's 1.1 version...

coffeeBean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with v1.5 is that when you boot a game (Disc_BootPartition()), it calls Subsystem_close(). Now, in Subsystem_close(), it disconnects the wiimotes and then unmounts the SDHC. Thus, after you load the game from the SDHC, it unmounts the SHDC and the game is no longer able to read from its data. This is probably beneficial for usb loading, but breaks SDHC loading.

An alternative to WiiCrazy's way to fix this problem is to just comment out the command in subsystem.c. This achieves the same effect as what v1.4 currently does (just disconnect the wiimotes)

CODEvoid Subsystem_Close(void)
{
/* Disconnect Wiimotes */
Wpad_Disconnect();

/* Unmount SDHC */
// Fat_UnmountSDHC();
}

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same error I get with all usb loader versions. Broke DVD drive, wondering if the problem can be solved with correct USB loader patching

Boo_hoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coffeeBean said:
The problem with v1.5 is that when you boot a game (Disc_BootPartition()), it calls Subsystem_close(). Now, in Subsystem_close(), it disconnects the wiimotes and then unmounts the SDHC. Thus, after you load the game from the SDHC, it unmounts the SHDC and the game is no longer able to read from its data. This is probably beneficial for usb loading, but breaks SDHC loading.

An alternative to WiiCrazy's way to fix this problem is to just comment out the command in subsystem.c. This achieves the same effect as what v1.4 currently does (just disconnect the wiimotes)

CODEvoid Subsystem_Close(void)
{
/* Disconnect Wiimotes */
Wpad_Disconnect();

/* Unmount SDHC */
// Fat_UnmountSDHC();
}

Where do I locate Subsystem.c?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users