Hacking Installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad and now no backups work?

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to get HotD: Overkill to work on my system (PAL 3.2E with HBC installed and 0.3gamma) and read that installing IOS37-64-v2070.wad would get it working. The opposite has happened and now none of my backups work, but original games still do.

I tried installing softwii to see if this would help, but after installing it there was absolutely no change with my wii.

Before putting IOS37-64-v2070 on I had previously installed IOS38-64-v3609, IOS53-64-v4113 and IOS55-64-v4633 which helped get cooking mama 2 working, which wasn't before these went on.

When I put a backup in now and try and launch I get a 324 error - how can I fix this?

thanks.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad and now no backups work?

Thats the exact reason i didn'y update anything, " if it ain't broke don't fix it " was my thoughts unless of course its for the newer games that require it!

And the error 324 is related to a media issue, so why not reinstall the original files and check everythings working and if so try to update again ( if needed).

Sorry i can't be of more help but iv only had my wii a few weeks :-)

paul

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
neal73 said:
I was trying to get HotD: Overkill to work on my system (PAL 3.2E with HBC installed and 0.3gamma) and read that installing IOS37-64-v2070.wad would get it working. The opposite has happened and now none of my backups work, but original games still do.

I tried installing softwii to see if this would help, but after installing it there was absolutely no change with my wii.

Before putting IOS37-64-v2070 on I had previously installed IOS38-64-v3609, IOS53-64-v4113 and IOS55-64-v4633 which helped get cooking mama 2 working, which wasn't before these went on.

When I put a backup in now and try and launch I get a 324 error - how can I fix this?

thanks.
well you installed the wrong cIOS , you need to install cIOS36_rev8 and problem is solved
wink.gif
next please

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick reply - just tried that and got an error (via network install): ret = -1017

any ideas?

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
And the error 324 is related to a media issue, so why not reinstall the original files and check everythings working and if so try to update again ( if needed).

If it's a media issue, how come the discs were all working fine until this update? And reinstalling is proving harder than I thought, I just keep getting errors when installing some wads.

D

Deleted User

Couldn't you say it's a coincidence? 324 error is an issue regarding the physical states of the disc. Look up on this error and you would be deffo sure it's a media issue

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
neal73 said:
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:

If it's a media issue, how come the discs were all working fine until this update? And reinstalling is proving harder than I thought, I just keep getting errors when installing some wads.

Try using this WAD Manager to install wads :

http://www.badongo.com/file/13905960

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I'll give that a try

afif95 said:
Couldn't you say it's a coincidence? 324 error is an issue regarding the physical states of the disc. Look up on this error and you would be deffo sure it's a media issue

It would be an incredible coincidence for over 20 discs that were all working fine to suddenly stop working!!

edit: tried that other wad loader. Trying to remove IOS37-64-v2070 gives me this error: ret = -1017 for both ticket and title contents. I don't have the wad for cIOS36_rev8 on my SD and attempting to install it over the network gives me a ret = -1017 error too.

I don't know if this information helps trouble shoot, but when leaving the HBC this is displayed in the top right of the screen: 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
neal73 said:
Thanks, I'll give that a try

afif95 said:

It would be an incredible coincidence for over 20 discs that were all working fine to suddenly stop working!!

edit: tried that other wad loader. Trying to remove IOS37-64-v2070 gives me this error: ret = -1017 for both ticket and title contents. I don't have the wad for cIOS36_rev8 on my SD and attempting to install it over the network gives me a ret = -1017 error too.

I don't know if this information helps trouble shoot, but when leaving the HBC this is displayed in the top right of the screen: 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18

Never give up. Here is another try :

1. Download the following file.
http://www.badongo.com/file/13917779

2. Extract and copy everything into the SD.

3. Enter HBC and use the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad"

4. REBOOT Wii !!!!

5. Enter HBC and use the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "cios_fix.wad"

6. Enter HBC and start the "cIOS36_rev8-Installer". Select "WAD Installation".

7. Done.

Good luck !
rolleyes.gif

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So downgrade to 3.2? That's what I'm on now.

Any chance of a PM to a link for IOS36v1042?

What cIOS should I be installing?

Treat me like the village idiot and we may get somewhere
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
neal73 said:
So downgrade to 3.2? That's what I'm on now.

Any chance of a PM to a link for IOS36v1042?

What cIOS should I be installing?

Treat me like the village idiot and we may get somewhere
wink.gif
then just run IOSDowngrader , cause the IOS37 that you have installed is not a trucha bug signed , then if that didn't do it , just update to 3.4 and do it all over again , what freaks me out is most people are so happy to get there hand on any WAD just to install and see some Weird codes running on the screen , please people be careful it's not a bunch of ciaos to mess with
wink.gif

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've learned my lesson with that now! Thanks for the help, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic - it's back to how it was. You two are a pair of stars!

Only problem now is HotD:Overkill still isn't working! It starts to load and then gives me the "disc cannot be read" message.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
neal73 said:
Fantastic - it's back to how it was. You two are a pair of stars!

Only problem now is HotD:Overkill still isn't working! It starts to load and then gives me the "disc cannot be read" message.
great now go ahead and install IOS36_rev8 and it should work , if the same error came up again it means a media issue not the system
wink.gif
cause with IOS36_rev8 you should be on the top of the mountain with the setup of my installer V3
wink.gif
good luck

neal73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for that - it all worked fine. I just had to re-burn it using imgburn as the copy I was burning with Nero didn't agree with my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users