Installed IOS37-64-v2070.wad and now no backups work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by neal73, Mar 17, 2009.

1. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    I was trying to get HotD: Overkill to work on my system (PAL 3.2E with HBC installed and 0.3gamma) and read that installing IOS37-64-v2070.wad would get it working. The opposite has happened and now none of my backups work, but original games still do.

I tried installing softwii to see if this would help, but after installing it there was absolutely no change with my wii.

Before putting IOS37-64-v2070 on I had previously installed IOS38-64-v3609, IOS53-64-v4113 and IOS55-64-v4633 which helped get cooking mama 2 working, which wasn't before these went on.

When I put a backup in now and try and launch I get a 324 error - how can I fix this?

thanks.

2. paul3100

paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 15, 2007
    scotland
    Thats the exact reason i didn'y update anything, " if it ain't broke don't fix it " was my thoughts unless of course its for the newer games that require it!

And the error 324 is related to a media issue, so why not reinstall the original files and check everythings working and if so try to update again ( if needed).

Sorry i can't be of more help but iv only had my wii a few weeks :-)

paul

3. BIG MOE

BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    well you installed the wrong cIOS , you need to install cIOS36_rev8 and problem is solved [​IMG] next please

4. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks for the quick reply - just tried that and got an error (via network install): ret = -1017

any ideas?

5. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008

If it's a media issue, how come the discs were all working fine until this update? And reinstalling is proving harder than I thought, I just keep getting errors when installing some wads.

6. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    Couldn't you say it's a coincidence? 324 error is an issue regarding the physical states of the disc. Look up on this error and you would be deffo sure it's a media issue

7. TeenTin

TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 20, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Try using this WAD Manager to install wads :

http://www.badongo.com/file/13905960

8. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks, I'll give that a try

It would be an incredible coincidence for over 20 discs that were all working fine to suddenly stop working!!

edit: tried that other wad loader. Trying to remove IOS37-64-v2070 gives me this error: ret = -1017 for both ticket and title contents. I don't have the wad for cIOS36_rev8 on my SD and attempting to install it over the network gives me a ret = -1017 error too.

I don't know if this information helps trouble shoot, but when leaving the HBC this is displayed in the top right of the screen: 1.0.1 IOS36 v4.18

9. TeenTin

TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 20, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Never give up. Here is another try :

1. Download the following file.
    http://www.badongo.com/file/13917779

2. Extract and copy everything into the SD.

3. Enter HBC and use the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad"

4. REBOOT Wii !!!!

5. Enter HBC and use the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "cios_fix.wad"

6. Enter HBC and start the "cIOS36_rev8-Installer". Select "WAD Installation".

7. Done.

Good luck ! [​IMG]

10. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    -1017 == no trucha bug. Downgrade/install IOS36v1042/install a cIOS.

11. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    So downgrade to 3.2? That's what I'm on now.

Any chance of a PM to a link for IOS36v1042?

What cIOS should I be installing?

Treat me like the village idiot and we may get somewhere [​IMG]

12. BIG MOE

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    then just run IOSDowngrader , cause the IOS37 that you have installed is not a trucha bug signed , then if that didn't do it , just update to 3.4 and do it all over again , what freaks me out is most people are so happy to get there hand on any WAD just to install and see some Weird codes running on the screen , please people be careful it's not a bunch of ciaos to mess with [​IMG]

13. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Yeah, I've learned my lesson with that now! Thanks for the help, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

14. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    I get an error at this one ret = -1035

15. BIG MOE

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    use AnyTitleDeleter and delete IOS249 and be sure to direct the install to internet option if you are prompt to choose [​IMG]

16. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Fantastic - it's back to how it was. You two are a pair of stars!

Only problem now is HotD:Overkill still isn't working! It starts to load and then gives me the "disc cannot be read" message.

17. BIG MOE

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    great now go ahead and install IOS36_rev8 and it should work , if the same error came up again it means a media issue not the system [​IMG] cause with IOS36_rev8 you should be on the top of the mountain with the setup of my installer V3 [​IMG] good luck

18. neal73
    OP

neal73 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2008
    Cheers for that - it all worked fine. I just had to re-burn it using imgburn as the copy I was burning with Nero didn't agree with my wii.

19. BIG MOE

Oct 19, 2008
    Syria
    Wiiland Hills
    cool , you are all set [​IMG] enjoy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice