DS #XXXX: DSTTi (China)

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know people always ask for this so I will as well. Why do we need the dumps of flashcarts? Since it is as DSi compatable one, it will be even more useless that the normal ones.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edgedancer said:
I know people always ask for this so I will as well. Why do we need the dumps of flashcarts? Since it is as DSi compatable one, it will be even more useless that the normal ones.
For collecting, or for discovering things like this. If it hadn't been dumped, we'd never have known that it's based on a commercial DS rom.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edgedancer said:
How do we know that it is based on a commercial rom.
For starters, it's 256 Mbits, which is extremely large for a flashcart rom. It has the same serial as Fish Tycoon, and according to the info the contents of the rom are almost completely the same.

If I could find the DSTTi rom I'd compare them...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maikel Steneker said:
Edgedancer said:
How do we know that it is based on a commercial rom.
For starters, it's 256 Mbits, which is extremely large for a flashcart rom. It has the same serial as Fish Tycoon, and according to the info the contents of the rom are almost completely the same.

If I could find the DSTTi rom I'd compare them...
Nice. This reminds me of the first "No-Pass-Z" or something like that. They were PassMes with game ROMs soldered on them to avoid the need of using an external game cartridge for the PassMe
smile.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
UltraMagnus said:
this is good news. It pretty much means that ninty can't block this flashcard from the DSi without blocking at least one commercial game.

I was going to say, this is the sole reason for choosing to do this. It doesn't mean it cant be blocked though depending on how they check it.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
UltraMagnus said:
this is good news. It pretty much means that ninty can't block this flashcard from the DSi without blocking at least one commercial game.

Look at the crc, it's different...

So a simple update adding crc check for all the games in whitelist will be enough to block it...

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iNFiNiTY said:
UltraMagnus said:

I was going to say, this is the sole reason for choosing to do this. It doesn't mean it cant be blocked though depending on how they check it.
They could just block everything called TTDS
wink.gif

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
it also means that this flashcard contains a lot of stolen IP, and is therefore very illegal. which is, yknow, bad.

RexNebular

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AlexFili said:
Oh yeah, as if the act of videogame piracy is in any way legal.
Piracy usually isn't legal but flash cards/carts can and should be legal. They are legal in many countries (or haven't been tested in court) but they have no chance if they contain a copyright game that can't be deleted. None of the stores selling the DSTTi have the rights to sell it with Fish Tycoon data stored on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?