Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
essentialgames.png
GBAtemp Recommends! Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure
G.R. Issue #8 (GBA)

We hope you liked last weeks GBAtemp Recommends! title. Guru Logi Champ is one of those games that you can just pick-up-and-play; it's a game certain to stick on your flashcart.

Welcome back! You are now reading the eighth issue of GBAtemp Recommends! - a weekly magazine feature in which we share our favourite Game Boy Advance titles. The games we recommend may be top titles from the GBA library, or they may be sleeper hits that flew by the radar, but one thing's certain, they're all fantastic games that deserve your play time!

GBAtemp Recommends!

Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure
gt2431.png
gt2431.png

This week we chose a great beat 'em up game you may want to check out. The game is arguably a hit-or-miss for some people, but hopefully you'll get some enjoyment out of it.

Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure is lightweight platformer beat 'em up that might have slipped under your radar.
The game is a must for DragonBall fans and generally those who enjoy good ol' beat 'em up games alike.

The story mode in Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure stays true to the television series story. You'll find yourself in non-stop action as you fight your way through a good number of levels, stopping along to engage in combat with challenging bosses. The combat mode on the game is great; there's a lot of replay value there.
You're able to play through the story with a large selection of different characters and your character gains new battle skills as you progress.
The story mode will keep you entertained for a few hours, no doubt.
Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure's graphics are quote nice, there's a lot of color and animations. The games audio is nothing special; it gets the job done, however.

Make sure to pick this title up and give it a go, you'll enjoy it!

Game Synopsis from GameSpot said:
Like any side-scroller, Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure isn't going to occupy weeks of your time. In fact, you'll probably beat it the first time through in two hours or so. That's not so different from the majority of license-based games. What is different, however, is how many incentives the game provides for playing through the story mode multiple times. When you finish the game the first time, you'll unlock a variation of the story mode that introduces collectible items, and you'll gain the ability to play through the game with Goku's buddy, Krillin. Items picked up in the story mode will add additional playable characters to the story mode and to the stand-alone one-on-one mode. There are more than 20 characters to unlock, each with unique moves and animations. These incentives are great and will probably triple or quadruple the play time that most people get out of the game. It's just too bad that there isn't a linked cooperative mode. You can play the one-on-one mode against a friend, but that's nowhere near as fun as it would be to tag-team the main quest.

Dragon Ball fans should definitely pick this game up, and non-fans should at least consider doing so. Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure is a fun, diverse action game that does the license proud.

ja.gif
#1782 Dragon Ball Advance Adventure (Rising Sun)
ks.gif
#1963 Dragon Ball Advance Adventure (iND)
eu.gif
#2026 Dragon Ball Advance Adventure (Rising Sun)
us.gif
#2431 Dragon Ball - Advanced Adventure (Ongaku)

Genre: Beat 'em Up
Publisher: Infogrames
Dump Date: 15/06/2006
ROM Size: 128Mbit

gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
c171.gif
Game Profile at Wikipedia
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History
discuss.png
Discuss

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Discuss thread disappeared while I was posting so reposting here.
wink.gif

This game is really really good. I did a hack a while back trying to replace the main character with Sonic. Worked out great! I never moved it over to the English version though.

Shameless self promotion:
stf1.gif

stf3.gif

stf4.gif

stf6.gif

stf7.gif

stf8.gif

stf2.gif

But yes this game is one of the best 2D beat em ups ever. It's a GBA champion right next to Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea i played this game b4 and it was pretty good if your a dragonball fan heck you prolly like it even if you aint but it is really short and they skip all the funny parts with bulma
frown.gif
lol

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never even heard of this game but I have played many Dragon Ball games for the GBA including the Super Sonic Warriors fighting game which was pure awesomeness.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Really good game, amazing graphics and animation.

Heran Bago, is your patch downloadable? It looks nice.

The music in this game is quite good too. I did a line-in recording of it some years ago. *Link removed as it contained copyrighted material*

The archive contains some nice boxart scans as well, done by someone from GBAtemp
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I remember playing this game back in the days. It's a fun brawler not only if you like/know the Dragon Ball series/story, but if you do it gets even better.

jelbo said:
Really good game, amazing graphics and animation.

Heran Bago, is your patch downloadable? It looks nice.

The music in this game is quite good too. I did a line-in recording of it some years ago. *Link removed as it contained copyrighted material*

The archive contains some nice boxart scans as well, done by someone from GBAtemp
smile.gif
I can only second that question. Please share it with us.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know, that game looks decent. I haven't touched a DB game since trying an SNES one years ago. Gonna have to give this a shot.

TenchuBlaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this game! Fun fun fun beat'em up. However, I wish that you could unlock adult Goku and Piccolo jr. for the one on one mode. That would've been awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up